Thank god...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Climate is Great :D

Three cheers for A/C again today :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

My recirculation button's got a red light that comes on when activated, but it looks like there's another light built into the switch also. Has anyone else noticed this or know what it is?

Just curious.

YES !

If you press this button with the ignition off, it will use residual heat from the engine to heat the car (only useful for cold nights when you break down and dont want to run out of petrol by running your engine while waiting for the emergency services !)

S.

Originally posted by sym
YES !

If you press this button with the ignition off, it will use residual heat from the engine to heat the car (only useful for cold nights when you break down and dont want to run out of petrol by running your engine while waiting for the emergency services !)

S.

Or cool the car in summer.:cool: :cool: For 30 minutes.

didn't know it cooled as well... does it actually run the compressor for the air-con .... not sure it does on mine - maybe on these new-fangled W211s ;)

Wow, did notice that light, never knew it heated.

Will try that out.

Originally posted by sym
YES !

S.

It also cuts out automatically after 30 mins ;)
*EDIT* Oops I didn't see you'd already mentioned that point Brian :)

S.

Last edited:
When I just went out to try mine it blew cold until I got bored which was about 3 minutes. The cold seemed fairly constant and all I could hear was the fan running, no compressor or anything. I wish I'd known about this before, because I'm one of those considerate husbands who stay in the car at the supermarket;) I'll use it in the winter.

Simon, go back outside and see if the fan stays on after you lock the car? You may need to lower the window to tell this.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Simon, go back outside and see if the fan stays on after you lock the car? You may need to lower the window to tell this.

Yes the fan stayed on after I locked the car but it's not blowing as cold now (I've been home about an hour). It must be residual cool from the cooling matrix.

Thanks!

If it will cool or heat for a timed period with car locked, this is really handy - I always read the manual - can't believe 2 w202's later I have only just found this out!

So it's timed to 30 minutes is it - or has yours been going for the whole hour?

I seem to remember having to read the manual quite hard to find it ... I tend to be one of those inquisitive types that always presses all the buttons before I figure out what they actually do - that's probably the only reason I worked it out !

Another "cool" (or hot!) mercedes feature :D :D

:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Thanks!

If it will cool or heat for a timed period with car locked, this is really handy - I always read the manual - can't believe 2 w202's later I have only just found this out!

So it's timed to 30 minutes is it - or has yours been going for the whole hour?

Don't feel bad , took me 4 :D

I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I can quote my handbook if anybody wants, in summary...

-30 mins then auto shut-off
-will work with car locked and hence no key in ignition.
-when running the a/c dials will light up, handy at night, I don't have climate so I dunno about that.
-just the fans run, so whatever the air temp is, is what you get, but it does use residual engine temp. Infact I'm sure REST is an acronym.

*End of work* Gotta go :)

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom