Thank MB for MobiloLife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amwebby

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500
My CL went in for what we thought was little cosmetic 'body perforation' at the leading edge of the sunroof.

I've just spoken to the body shop and it turns out that the rot was far deeper than that and the whole sunroof cartridge was rotten. From the outside you couldn't see it so I'm glad they've discovered it before it gets worse. Oh, and glad it is a repair under MobiloLife.

Anyway, just a heads up to those of you with sunroofs, take a good hard look at yours!

No the moral is -- don't report it and get to turn you sunroofed car into a cabriolet....:D

Update 18 01 2008.

Having stripped the car down the bodyshop has discovered that what looked like two spot of surface corrosion is far deeper than that. Not only is the cartridge corroded but there is corrosion inside the roof so they have had to strip the headliner and take the windscreen out.

They are negotiating with MB to replace the cartridge as a goodwill replacement and for the extra work involved, which sounds like loads.

They're clear it is down to them not me, the issue is whether they lose money on the job as, unless MB stumps up they can only invoice MB for the original, quoted amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom