Thank you Emma Raducanu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope it isn’t closed. 🙏

Back on topic. Emma was on Radio 2 yesterday. Another faultless interview. She’s brighter than life itself 💫
She is AWESOME. so grounded as well. I am definitely in love 😍

And apparently her parents are looking after her prize money. If only my parents would have done the same rather than let me squander my winnings from the 1979 Donkey Derby in Great Yarmouth. 🙄
🤣
She has the potential to be the richest British (or UK if you rather) sportswoman ever. Good luck to her.

Already looking forward to Wimbledon next year, and I'm not usually a massive fan of women's tennis.

And how wonderful, the was to grunting/screaming/screeching in that final 😁

🤣
She has the potential to be the richest British (or UK if you rather) sportswoman ever. Good luck to her.

Already looking forward to Wimbledon next year, and I'm not usually a massive fan of women's tennis.

And how wonderful, the was to grunting/screaming/screeching in that final 😁
We tend to prefer woman’s tennis as it’s much less serve dependant. Mind you, men’s tennis is much better nowadays. Awesome returners and less ‘serve & volley’ only players.

We tend to prefer woman’s tennis as it’s much less serve dependant. Mind you, men’s tennis is much better nowadays. Awesome returners and less ‘serve & volley’ only players.
That's a fair point. They've done a lot to the balls over the years to try to diminish the dominance of the serve. And it's obviously quite surface dependent.
But I like serve volleying! It's a devastating game plan for players who can execute it well and I'm in awe of that.

EDIT: is "we" you and Emma?! 😉

Watching the US open made me think. I loved the music between games, the colourful clothing. The winner signing balls and firing into the crowd at the end of the match. Makes you realise how sedate Wimbledon is. Although I understand and respect tradition. I guess it’s good to have different things at different events.

Watching the US open made me think. I loved the music between games, the colourful clothing. The winner signing balls and firing into the crowd at the end of the match. Makes you realise how sedate Wimbledon is. Although I understand and respect tradition. I guess it’s good to have different things at different events.
Next you'll be telling us you prefer the hundred over test cricket 😉😜

Surprisingly ageist post. Considering previous accusations of racism in this thread, even more surprising. I guess some "isms" are more acceptable than others 😜

Hopefully this thread will end or be blocked soon 😉
No surprise, see my body of work here, intolerant old people have been a subject of my humour for years.

You are making the mistake of assuming the ageist poster is an adult. I suspect he/ she / it is in fact a child with grammarley correcting all their spelling mistakes. :p
Grammarly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom