Thank you Emma Raducanu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I see the same names popping up repeatedly in these contentious threads. Looks like some members are at a bit of a loose end & have nothing better to do than hang around waiting for the next argument.

I see the same names popping up repeatedly in these contentious threads. Looks like some members are at a bit of a loose end & have nothing better to do than hang around waiting for the next argument.
That's me that is.

She pulled in so many spectators to watch the final, even I watched it and I'm not a tennis fan! Friends I spoke to also did the same and it was all over their social media (posts congratulating her)
I agree Bob. My parents watched it live and they’re both it their 80’s and never really been into tennis. Late night for them but said they wouldn’t have missed it.

My Sister and BIL in Wales also watched and they’re the least sportiest people I know.

Hopefully this will give Emma extra confidence she needs to springboard her towards the latter stages of many events. 🥳

I agree Bob. My parents watched it live and they’re both it their 80’s and never really been into tennis. Late night for them but said they wouldn’t have missed it.

My Sister and BIL in Wales also watched and they’re the least sportiest people I know.

Hopefully this will give Emma extra confidence she needs to springboard her towards the latter stages of many events. 🥳
I have a feeling she will be guest at McLaren in a GP weekend soon

She is British yes. Fantastic achievement for the lass. No glory for England.
Oh how the threads get political! I thought #2 was just being sightly facetious/pedantic/tongue in cheek. But online communication can be so easily misconstrued. He clearly congratulated Emma and her achievement.

Better to unite on what we can all agree on... fantastic woman and achievement and no one can say a bad word about her 😍 I'm a big tennis fan and play regularly and thank goodness we finally have a better ambassador for the sport than that miserable scot 😜

It is a new news cahnnel. Very anti woke, anti pc. Presenters of all races saying it as it is.
Is that the one Andrew Neil helped setup, but then recently stepped away from?

OP appeared to be under the impression that she is English. He apparently considered the trophy to be for England and not GB!

I pointed out that she is not (English). Shoot me!

You’re really stretching to try and make your point and your example (about a “tainted pedigree”) is puerile and totally irrelevant.

However, if it will make you feel better, then "OK I agree with you, you’re right”!

Feel better now?

As stated by you: “Like Ant, I have posted nothing that I wouldn’t say face to face.”...........Ditto

I’m out of here.
Seriously? GB? So, you have decided NI should not be part of her winning glory then? You did mean to say UK...didn't you?
I hope the above points to your pettiness.

Seriously? GB? So, you have decided NI should not be part of her winning glory then? You did mean to say UK...didn't you?
I hope the above points to your pettiness.
Take your woke agenda and run along now.

I had to explain the whole GB or UK? thing to a bloke I was mailing something to in "BT25 xxx, GB" last week. In his defence he was a recent addition to the UK family.

Last edited:
I'm a big tennis fan and play regularly and thank goodness we finally have a better ambassador for the sport than that miserable scot 😜
I'm not normally picky about spelling, except where it changes the context. You clearly meant "scrote", not "scot".

I'm not normally picky about spelling, except where it changes the context. You clearly meant "scrote", not "scot".
🤣

Awwww. Poor ole Andy. British when he wins and Scrotish when he loses. 🤪

May come across as miserable on court but seems a good laugh on the shows I’ve seen him on. ‘League of their own’ & ‘Rob & Rommish V’. Scripted but funny.

Awwww. Poor ole Andy. British when he wins and Scrotish when he loses. 🤪

May come across as miserable on court but seems a good laugh on the shows I’ve seen him on. ‘League of their own’ & ‘Rob & Rommish V’. Scripted but funny.
Having met him a couple of times, I can confirm he is a miserable tw@t in real life 😉

Having met him a couple of times, I can confirm he is a miserable tw@t in real life 😉
I wonder what he thought of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom