Thank you Mercedes :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I know it is not traditional on car forums to be pleased with your brand and their dealers but I must say how happy I have been in recent months with Mercedes.

My dealer is Mercedes of Tonbridge which is part of the Lookers Group. From my point of view I wisely bought a car with a full Mercedes Benz Service History and I have maintained that FMBSH by taking out a service contract with Mercedes.

So, a few months ago my C350 tripped it's EML with the known balancer shaft sensor issue. Though my car is 5 1/2 years old Mercedes Tonbridge asked me to pop it in to them in order to get the fault codes read and then they'd take care of the rest. They then submitted a warranty claim and Mercedes agreed to pay about 60% of the cost. Tonbridge then booked me in, collected my car, carried out the repair and then returned it to me repaired.

Then, a few weeks ago I reported "rust" (or at least as it has turned out bubbling) on one of my rear wheel arches. Tonbridge asked me to pop it in to them so that they could photograph the area concerned. They then submitted another warranty claim. Mercedes immediately accepted the paint claim and Tonbridge booked my car into their own paint shop at Lookers Mercedes Maidstone. I was told it would take four days to complete and low and behold my car was ready on the 4th day. The staff at the body shop were excellent and explained what needed done. They arranged for a taxi to get me home after I dropped the car off to them.

Now I have the car back and I can't tell that it has been repaired. It looks perfect and as a “would be detailer” it feels perfect!

I don’t own a brand new Mercedes but I have owned four Mercedes on the trot and have covered 300,000 miles in my C Classes without any problems. Looking after me as Tonbridge and Mercedes have, it is very likely to result in my next car being a W205.
A happy customer :bannana: Just saying!

Credit where credit is due. Well done MB Tonbridge :thumb:

No less than you should have expected, but always great when your expectations are mer or exceeded.
Well done Mercedes. Pleased to hear this.

makes a change hearing positive reviews.

welldone mb tonbridge

Agreed...Why should you expect ANYTHING less!!!!

P

Because my car is out of warranty and therefore goodwill comes into this. They know I look after my cars really well and I get them serviced properly so I think, given that they could have just said my car is too old, it was good that they looked after a good customer.

I use MB Tonbridge too .. and I rate them too.

Not that I have had any good will claims .. none needed so far :)

That's good to hear. I too have only good things to about MB Brooklands who have looked after my S-Class since new, which is now six years.

I use MB Tonbridge too .. and I rate them too.

Not that I have had any good will claims .. none needed so far :)

+1 for Tonbridge MB. I live in Croydon and take my cars to them for servicing because they are excellent at arranging rust warranty claims (even for cars with less than perfect service history) when MB in Croydon are total uninterested.g

Great news

On the subject I have to say the service I've received at Mercedes Western Edinburgh has been amazing. They do all my servicing and any other work. Including fixing 2 punctures on the same tyre free of charge there and then when I told them I was travelling 500 miles the next day.

Great news

On the subject I have to say the service I've received at Mercedes Western Edinburgh has been amazing. They do all my servicing and any other work. Including fixing 2 punctures on the same tyre free of charge there and then when I told them I was travelling 500 miles the next day.

I've often said that's a significant part of the answer; build a relationship with a particular dealership, get to know the staff, and stick with it, and if things go wrong don't go in waving your arms around and metaphorically shouting and bawling, but complain and discuss like an adult.

Great to hear! Obviously having a good relationship built up with the dealer helps too. But, fair play to them. This is the service we should get from any MB dealer.

+1 for MB Tonbridge. In live in Tunbridge Wells and customer care is good, both for sales and service. They are also very open to discussing figures and deals.

Last edited:
I must say Tonbridge seem to be pleasing a lot of people.

Good to hear R2D2. Must be a Tonbridge thing as I use Porsche Tonbridge down the road and they are very good indeed.
We use MB Orpington and they are equally good. Nice to know there are some good ones out there :thumb:

I always found MB in Swindon excellent. With all the problems my car had they pulled out all the stops, even getting me 50% goodwill on the crankshaft bearing on a car with highon 100,000 miles. WWouldn't hesitate to recommend them

I couldn't find my locking wheel nut key last night so I took an emergency trip to MB Tonbridge this morning (quite far away from me and certainly in the wrong direction for my commute) based on the strength of your experience there R2D2.

I'm the first one to slag off a poor dealer but equally, I'm happy to report a good dealer as well (like MB Bromley previously).

I phoned them up first and they said come straight down and they would find the right key for mine.

Turned up and stood talking to the nice ladies on reception - very friendly. Bit of banter with them and another lady sat nearby who worked there.

Very friendly parts advisor told me what would happen and within around 5 minutes he was back. They didn't have one in stock but could get one in for this afternoon.

Exceptional in all areas I've experience I would say and I would happily take mine there for recall work.

They seem quite impressed that I had an E55 - even though compared to some of the machinery they had, a 10 year old E55 is old hat now...

Very pleased with that experience.

Perhaps MBUK should use them as a template for how it should be done.

That's the service you'd expect from a premium brand but unfortunately not what we always experience - good one MB Tonbridge!

I was told by the previous owner (yesterday) that he had approached MB & they told him he had to prove that it had rusted(bubbles) from the inside out ?
It was their view that it had rusted from the outside in so was not covered by the MB rust warranty?
The car is 80k+ mile from new ,never missed a service, all at MB dealerships. Every Mot has been carried out by a MB dealership ? This seems is surely wrong ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom