Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
Reference tonights Scottish meet at the Tulliallan Police college.

What can one say? Just the most extraordinary experience. Short talk on road awareness then paired up and out onto the backroads and byeways in a 4X4 Jaguar traffic car at full pursuit speeds under 'blues and twos'. JESUS!!. Nothing can prepare you for the speeds these guys achieve. Top police pursuit driver instructors giving up their own time to show how it's done. BOY are they good. Then stop for a cool-off, swap cars to a T5 and return under instruction of the top instructor Sgt demonstrating Advanced Driving Techniques.

Wouldn't have missed that for the world.

Thanks Derek. :thumb:

And from me - many thanks, Derek - and to the Tullieallan chaps. Let us know if we should further express our thanks to them.

It's been a very long time since I have been scared witless like that - nearly twice the NSL on wet, greasy, twisty backroads, a delicate touch of opposite lock and all the while giving a running commentary.:eek::eek::eek: Respect!

I wish I could lay my hands on those lights and sirens though - sure got the buggers outa the way. :D

I was most impressed by the BMW but thought the Jaguar felt a bit weak-kneed and insubstantial.

Thanks again to all involved! :thumb:

IM gutted....
Sounds like i missed a great night.

You gotta let me know if this is ever arranged again guys

All the thanks are due to the guys from the college who put on such an amazing display for us .

Although I have done a lot of that in the past , I too was astounded at the speeds they achieved on wet , greasy roads , populated with other traffic !

Their skills have to be seen to be believed .

Thanks to all for coming .

On the subject of how to thank the guys , since Derek Simpson expressed interest in coming to one of our events , so he could photograph some of our cars , how about inviting them along to one of our GTG's and standing them lunch ? I have Derek's email address so could pass this on .

Just looked at my diary and , unfortunately , I can't be at the Harbour Cafe as we have an event , 'Rescue on the Clyde' , at the SECC on the 11th & 12th and I have to work at that one ( all welcome to come along to Hall 3 on the 11th and 12th , free admission , to see extrication demos , water rescues on the Clyde , Police/Coastguard helicopters , displays of fire appliances past & present & more ) . I'll make every effort to make the next one wherever/whenever that might be .

I'm still trying to organise a 'club night' with the Fire Brigade and will post on the forum when I manage to get something arranged .

I did this once at Tulliallan way back in the 80's. Amazing experience. I notice the Granada we were in started to float a little and thought "this car needs new dampers". Then I looked at the clocks and were doing well into three figures. Amazing smoothness and skill. Racing driver-esqus

superb night, thanks Derek & to the guys at the college.

On the subject of how to thank the guys , since Derek Simpson expressed interest in coming to one of our events , so he could photograph some of our cars , how about inviting them along to one of our GTG's and standing them lunch ? I have Derek's email address so could pass this on .

sounds a great idea. maybe we could just have an additional meet at a time they are free?

I'd be up for that , what does everyone else think ?

Yes, excellent idea, although I can forsee co-ordinating it all might be a headache. Do we include those who weren't at the meet and preclude them from the joint bill? etc.

(and what if Barry couldn't make it?..... I would end up paying his share again. :doh: :bannana::bannana::bannana:)

Last edited:
Yes, excellent idea, although I can forsee co-ordinating it all might be a headache. Do we include those who weren't at the meet and preclude them from the joint bill? etc.

(and what if Barry couldn't make it?..... I would end up paying his share again. :doh: :bannana::bannana::bannana:)

I thought you broke out in a sweat at 3 figure speeds, Druk?;-))):p

I went to Le Mans earlier this year with some Essex old bill (some from the Interceptor Unit) and had some very interesting drives out.:eek: They're all mad!

I thought you broke out in a sweat at 3 figure speeds, Druk?;-))):p

I'll resist the obvious answer Mike. ;)

I went to Le Mans earlier this year with some Essex old bill (some from the Interceptor Unit) and had some very interesting drives out.:eek: They're all mad!

Would that be Tizzie and his crew?

Tizzie's Chief Inspector!

how about we contact the police to see who wants/can come and what date they suggest. Then the 6 of us who attended can pay for their part of the bill. others who attend can just pay for themselves as usual, apart from BarryH who obviously should always pay £1 more. :D

OK , I'll email Derek Simpson tonight and thank them again , putting forward the suggestion that they pick a Saturday , as that's when most of us can manage .

Since there would be 4 of them max , it shouldn't be too deadly . I do appreciate the difficulty of getting dates to suit everyone . On this occasion , I'd be happy to pay my 'share' of their part of the bill even if I wasn't able to attend - it would just be a matter of someone stumping up on the day and letting me know what I owed .

We could even offer to pick them up and give them lifts to the venue in GOOD cars :D , so they can enjoy a drink if they wish ( maybe getting a free driving assessment on the way ) ? I know Derek is from Strathclyde so I could pick him up ; each of us could offer a lift to any of them from our general directions .

We'd need to put on a decent show of 'our' cars as Derek mentioned he was a keen photographer and would like to come along and photograph some of our cars .

Again , everyone let me know your thoughts .

Shame the event is so far :(

Make sure you get your stickers for the photoshoot :)

OK , I'll email Derek Simpson tonight and thank them again , putting forward the suggestion that they pick a Saturday , as that's when most of us can manage .

Since there would be 4 of them max , it shouldn't be too deadly . I do appreciate the difficulty of getting dates to suit everyone . On this occasion , I'd be happy to pay my 'share' of their part of the bill even if I wasn't able to attend - it would just be a matter of someone stumping up on the day and letting me know what I owed .

We could even offer to pick them up and give them lifts to the venue in GOOD cars :D , so they can enjoy a drink if they wish ( maybe getting a free driving assessment on the way ) ? I know Derek is from Strathclyde so I could pick him up ; each of us could offer a lift to any of them from our general directions .

We'd need to put on a decent show of 'our' cars as Derek mentioned he was a keen photographer and would like to come along and photograph some of our cars .

Again , everyone let me know your thoughts .

Great idea, Derek. I'm certainly happy to go along with the majority decision - my only hope is that those who put their names down really make a supreme effort to attend.

As for giving them a lift - no fear :crazy::eek: - though I'd be happy to let them drive my car to the meet and show me just what she can do! :D

just a thought - i know Derek showed an interest in attending the meet as he liked all cars and photography, but did anyone hear the other 3 mention this?

just a thought - i know Derek showed an interest in attending the meet as he liked all cars and photography, but did anyone hear the other 3 mention this?

No , it was just Derek . I just thought it would be a nice gesture , offering to buy the others lunch , as a way of saying 'thank you' .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom