Thank you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Thank you to the walking brain donor that stole the bonnet and tailgate badges of Mrs M's BMW X5 in Brighton yesterday. That took the shine of a nice with my Son, daughter in law and grand kids.

We parked where my Son suggested. No road markings and no restrictions and not directly outside somebody's house or entrance/exit, just a plain brick garden wall.

Returned to the car to find a bloke stood grinning at us. Grinning to the point we both commented about it to ourselves. He was joined by a second bloke who looked equally amused with himself (these were grown men). Got in car and drove off with no hassle. Arrived home to find both emblems gone from Mrs M's pride & joy. Cheap and easy to replace, yes/ But what gives with some people? What possible pleasure can be derived from damaging an unknown persons, very obviously cherished possession?

Yes it must have been them as the car was cleaned by me in the morning prior to leaving and I also removed items from the boot when we got there.

One thing (this maybe nothing) when I got back to the car. There was a couple of bungee bands with hooks lying on the road under my back bumper. I picked these up and placed them on the wall, before driving off. I didn't look at the tailgate at that point.

There is a growing population of feral humans in most major conurbations. I would just put them down if I was running the country., or at least bring back flogging and transportation to Van Diemens Land

Bruce pure barstewards yes. I bet you wished a few ailments on that pair yes. I remember once after rebuilding my Rover P6 V8. I went to visit a good friend .The car was parked on a plot of land over the way to Joes house [my friend] .Been ther about 20 mins and there was a knock on the door .I was listening as Joe opened the door.The chap said, have you a visitor that owns the Rover over the road .I shouted yes, me. He said get out there some yobs are messing around it . As i ran out i could see them running off .Most of the 3500 badges were gone ,along with V8 from the front wings .Well i chased them to a grass verge in the car on the other side of the road, and i had them all lined up in front of the car, and on the pavment, and on the other side of the road . To this day i will never know why i never did run them over , all 4 of them . But after a confrontation i manage to get them back . So Bruce i know how you felt ..

Really sorry to hear that. As you say, the cost of replacement is the minor issue. It's the ruining of a pleasurable day and the thought that such mindless idiots are out there that is so upsetting.

More patient than I am Bruce, if that was two blokes grinning near my car and looking at me I'd be asking them what the **** is so amusing

They wouldn't have had to have been grinning. Just starring at us for more than a few seconds causes the Manchester to kick in "Da fcuk you lookin at?!" :D

I bet you haven't heard that phrase once after moving to Scotland. :rolleyes:

The world is full of gits; "I can't afford a nice car, so I'll try to spoil yours for you". Unless BMW X5 badges are becoming a cult item, as VW badges once were?

At least you know where they live, Bruce. It seems only fair to pinch their house number in return! ;-)

I know a farmer in Ireland that had something similar happen to him. He had a very unfortunate malfunction of his muck spreader outside their door the next day dde0f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom