Thanks Gordon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
According to the budget calculator on the bbc website, I will be a staggering £20.80 PER YEAR better off thanks to the astonishing generosity of Gordon Brown.
Apparently (and oddly) it reckons I will save this sum on petrol costs!
Free 25 litres of Optimax courtesy of HMT.
Doesn't fill me with glee, particularly as I've just had to stump up £165 for road tax.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/05/budget/ready_reckoner/html/calculator.stm

Try it out - we can find out who will save most, and least. Can anyone beat £20.80 ?

Brian WH said:
50p WOW

I'm celebrating any one want a drink? :D :D
Tap water only though. :D
If we combine our savings Brian we could get half a shandy and two straws!

Shude said:
If we combine our savings Brian we could get half a shandy and two straws!

Oh how we live. :D Such quality of life. :D

No change for me - quite impressed with that actually, not that it would ever make me vote for the t##ts :mad:

Wow a whole 80p. The thing that I allways hate about these things is that they treat, not raising a tax, as a savings. Uh, sorry I just don't buy it. CUT THE TAX, THEN WE SAVE!!!!!!

"Petrol duty inflation rise postponed until 1 September due to high oil prices"

Last edited:
woo hoo £2.08p per week,At least im in £££££££ :p Should be able to afford a new car now

10p worse off.. i think

but i dont understand why it says that fags are no different...

i guess thats why i have an accountant, and not do it myself - i can design a 'plane, but i cant add up my income :crazy:

I buy all my fags from Spain these days. Ryanair flights cost between 5-10 quid if you time it right and 3200 fags (15Kg inc. suitcase) costs a mere 424 Euros (300 quid).
A big thanks to Gordy-Boy for giving me yet another reason not to contribute to the countries coffers. If only he thought "If I dropped the price of fags to less than they are in France loads of French people would travel over in the chunnel and spend their money in the UK funding the health service for us to the detriment of their own"

If only I could bring petrol back in a suitcase..... I can but dream

nothing

I have nothing..no gain nor loss...... R.I.P. Gordon ....god I hate bloody labour ..if your a school leaving aged waster who has done nothing in the last 16 years then this shower will pay you £75 quid to stay on ... sounds tempting, but then your family will gain from the money ,and the off-licence to..you will continue to sponge off the rest of us ,moaning and complaining about how "they" do nothing for you (whoever they are) you will get your girlfriend pregnant who is in your class..get a crèche or nanny provided so you can attain N V bloody Q level 1 in how to be a complete loser. While your bloody personal social worker helps you plan your life..which will revolve around the DSS and parole officers, while sucking the money out of the state...while the rest of your family are busy throwing out more useless labour fodder so we can keep them in BLISS......rant over

Last edited:
Life's a bitch..............

Wow! I am about a quid better off. Awesome. Wonder what I'll spend all my money on.

I notice that petrol has gone up locally by about 3p in the last week. Was paying 77.9p now the cheapest that I can find is 80.9p

I guess the entertainment here is whoever the chancellor is, and whatever changes are made, unless they help us individually, we hate them! :)

Might as well appoint a Blue Peter presenter.

mark.t said:
I have nothing..no gain nor loss...... R.I.P. Gordon ....god I hate bloody labour ..if your a school leaving aged waster who has done nothing in the last 16 years then this shower will pay you £75 quid to stay on ... sounds tempting, but then your family will gain from the money ,and the off-licence to..you will continue to sponge off the rest of us ,moaning and complaining about how "they" do nothing for you (whoever they are) you will get your girlfriend pregnant who is in your class..get a crèche or nanny provided so you can attain N V bloody Q level 1 in how to be a complete loser. While your bloody personal social worker helps you plan your life..which will revolve around the DSS and parole officers, while sucking the money out of the state...while the rest of your family are busy throwing out more useless labour fodder so we can keep them in BLISS......rant over

I think you've just about summed it up!!,Sadly :(

Users who are viewing this thread