THANKS m2287 (Aidan) ABC fluid change performed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dpbayly

Car
2005 E320cdi
Well after discussing the ABC fluid change with Aidan I took it on last night and glad I did,

I was apprehensive about doing it my self even though Im a mechanic of 16yrs because I've never had to change it before and due to the components being so ruddy expensive I didn't want to cause irreparable damage to them but after talking with Aidan I went for it so I bought 9ltrs of chf-11s at £6.30 a bottle as I wanted to make sure I had more than enough and ended up using 8.5ltrs anyway job done dead easy in fact it went so well I also changed my transmission fluid and filter and removed my secondary CATS, I removed my resonators last week and now it sounds awesome.

And today I also sorted my lowering with the lowering links so im chuffed.

Note to Aidan you need to clear some of your PM's as I tried messaging you earlier but couldn't due to your inbox being too full :thumb:

Sorry I did get a couple of emails from mbclub yesterday saying it was full, I've deleted afew now!!!!

It's not bad to do, to be honest, the ABC system isn't as hard to work on as people think. It's the crazy computers I've had the most problems with!!!!

If you need a hand with anything else, give me a bell, I might be able to help out!!!
Aidan

Hi guys

Can you let me know the correct fluid I need for the abc system. I see mention of chf-11s fluid at around £6 a litre is this right? I remember seeing somewhere that it is £25 a litre with Mercedes. If the £6 fluid is the same or as good as can you let me know where I can get it

Thanks

£6 is probably Comma?

I bought an original "Made in Germany" Pentosin hydraulic fluid from a German company at around £9/L, which was 1/2 of what Mercedes charges. Postage charges from memory were £15 or £20 for all 10L. If anyone wants the contact details of the seller, PM me and I'll happily share.

The merc stuf is around £20, I think that's per litre aswell. I've never heard of the cheaper stuf but if it's as good I'll be using that in future also!

As you know, Mercedes don't make their own fluid. They use Pentosin CHF-11S which is made in Germany. You can either buy repackaged Pentosin from Mercedes or buy direct. Nothing new with Mercedes charging double for the exact same stuff that can be bought cheaper elsewhere. Think Mobil 1.

It's interesting when I read stuff like this as I just buy it from mb and it costs a fortune!
Is it definitely chf 11s fluid????

It's interesting when I read stuff like this as I just buy it from mb and it costs a fortune!
Is it definitely chf 11s fluid????

100%

It's not a fluid designed and manufactured for Mercedes alone its used by Audi, BMW, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Porsche, Mini, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Saab, Volvo to name but a few.

So if it says CHF-11S on the tin then your good to go.

Anyone who how many litres of fluid I would need for a CL (215)?

rk100 said:
Anyone who how many litres of fluid I would need for a CL (215)?

Just noticed Alx mentioned 10 litres!!

The system needs 4L. I bought 10 to flush it first. I would recommend doing the same. Keep another litre or two for top up.

I did the same sort of thing as Alx I bought 10ltrs and after about 5ltrs had been put through it was coming out a fresh green on the return into the bucket so put a couple more through for good measure and I ended up using 8.5ltrs,

I would say before I started I removed all the old fluid out of the reservoir and refilled it with fresh before starting the flush, I don't know if that makes much/any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom