Thanks PCS Horndean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eddy77

SUPPORTER
Car
2008 CLK 350 Sport Cab and 2021 BMW 520i M Sport Saloon
I know these guys need no introduction but a big thank you to them and thumbs up for doing the following to my 2008 CLK350 this week

B service and MOT
Gearbox service
Replace brake lines
Rust removal and under sealing
Welding / repairs to exhaust
New oil pan
New engine pan

Car is running beautifully and they’re such a good company to deal with.

Bonus was the use of a C class courtesy car for the two days it was in with them and Ollie making himself available for a Saturday collection.

Faultless!

That is some amount of work buddy , good job .
What brought about the rust treatment and undersealing, was that something the mot or previous service raised .
As a fellow 2009 Clk owner I might have to add that to my list :)

That is some amount of work buddy , good job .
What brought about the rust treatment and undersealing, was that something the mot or previous service raised .
As a fellow 2009 Clk owner I might have to add that to my list :)

It’s all preventative. I’ve owned the car for a long time and for personal reasons I plan to keep it pretty much forever. As in never sell it. The amount I spend maintaining the car makes no financial sense but it long since ceased to be an economically explainable ‘hobby’!

The background to the latest work was that it needed the brake lines doing. I took it to Ollie and we got it up on the ramp for a general look over. There was some surface rust to the rear. Nothing structural. But seeing as the subframe, fuel tank etc all needs to be dropped down to do the brake lines, we agreed to treat the surface corrosion whilst we had access. Just to tidy it up. I’m pleased to report the rear subframe was rock solid.

It didn’t need doing but due to my ‘keep it forever’ mentality, it made sense to do. The exhaust has been fixed up on the cheap in the past to save money but again, really needed some proper attention. Similarly the gearbox and engine pans were corroded. Ok, but not much to replace whilst the gearbox and engine were being serviced anyway. The car has only done 60k with annual services from new. It is pretty much as good as you will find. Even the guys at PCS were surprised how solid it is. But then it has been garaged for all its life….and that I think has helped massively.

Totally daft to throw all this cash at it really but as I said, for me it is a keeper and I want it as near to perfect as possible.

Next stop, new Goodyear asymetric tyres all round.

Totally daft to throw all this cash at it really but as I said, for me it is a keeper and I want it as near to perfect as possible.
Not daft Eddy!

If you like it and want to keep it, it makes perfect sense if it has some emotional investment.

You're allowed any hobby you want, and if everyone only did things because it made economic sense, life would be pretty dull in my opinion.

Now pics please 👍 :D

It’s all preventative. I’ve owned the car for a long time and for personal reasons I plan to keep it pretty much forever. As in never sell it. The amount I spend maintaining the car makes no financial sense but it long since ceased to be an economically explainable ‘hobby’!

The background to the latest work was that it needed the brake lines doing. I took it to Ollie and we got it up on the ramp for a general look over. There was some surface rust to the rear. Nothing structural. But seeing as the subframe, fuel tank etc all needs to be dropped down to do the brake lines, we agreed to treat the surface corrosion whilst we had access. Just to tidy it up. I’m pleased to report the rear subframe was rock solid.

It didn’t need doing but due to my ‘keep it forever’ mentality, it made sense to do. The exhaust has been fixed up on the cheap in the past to save money but again, really needed some proper attention. Similarly the gearbox and engine pans were corroded. Ok, but not much to replace whilst the gearbox and engine were being serviced anyway. The car has only done 60k with annual services from new. It is pretty much as good as you will find. Even the guys at PCS were surprised how solid it is. But then it has been garaged for all its life….and that I think has helped massively.

Next stop, new Goodyear asymetric tyres all round.
Excellent thanks , I even like hearing that other cars out there are still being kept in fantastic condition.
Keep up the good work and happy motoring .
Thanks for the detailed reply , gives me food for thought .

Chromite black with sand leather interior.

I bought it in 2015 under the Mercedes’ approved used scheme. At that point it had done 30k miles and I have added another 30k in the last 7 years. Most of those miles were in 2016/17 when I took the car all over Europe as far south as Italy. Memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom