Thanks to Olly at PCS and Wobbly Keith...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
I am proudly sitting on new, 22" Mandrus Millenium wheels. They are black with a chrome outer rim.

Both Olly and keith are really pleasant chaps and I look forward to seeing them both soon. Keiths ML looked all the better for the 19"s fitted to his (even with a dodgy tailgate :p ) and I will post a pic of both cars soon.

Rich

Yes awaiting the pics,

Does that make for a harsh ride. I keep looking at up sizing but thought on 20" for a happy compromise. Bet it looks good though..

:)

Anytime.

The car does look much better with the 22's

It looks fantastic.

Ride is actually suprisingly supple. I assumed I would never use sport setting on the airmatic again, but it actually is happy enough to be in sport on most roads.

Also felt a lot more stable in the wind at the weekend.

Was a bit nervous when I saw the size of the wheels on the floor, but look fine when on (especially when there are 4 of them, eh olly! ;))

Thanks to Olly (and Sam) once more.

Just reading the spec and noticed it black..

with black rims and chrome outer.

Thats going to look mean...gangsta style :) :)

How about this taken at the Geneva show, A lot of Brabus cars seem to have 23" alloys which seems an odd size to go for. Even more so trying to find a 23" tyre if you have a blow out on holiday?

DSC00058.jpg

Thanks Rich and Olly.

It was good to meet, sorry I couldnt hang around any longer.

The 19" wheels, I bought from Rich seem to make my car more stable, and the ride is no harsher, and certainly looks better.

When I left, Rich only had two of the 22" millenium wheels, and I felt really bad leaving him stranded 70 miles from home. The one wheel I saw fitted looked great, so with the four fitted, im sure the car looks fantastic.

Look forward to the pics.

Well heres how mine looks now.

24012009224.jpg

Will it settle a little at the back or is that on a different setting?

Looks a tiny bit high?

Like those wheels though and easy to clean :)

Rich,

Links to your pictures in members gallery are not working.

Everthing looks good and in proportion. The rims dont look to large at all.
In fact, anything smaller and it wouldnt look right.
IMHO.

Looks like a proper ML now!
I've got these 20" genuine Mercedes wheels hiding in the garage 'til the weather is a little nicer. I've gone for 20" because I've seen the way my wife parks! It would be a pity to lose the 'drive over anything' capability of the ML with kerb magnetic wheels. The tyres are Toyo Proxes 265/45/20 which get great reviews and I am looking forward to seeing if the 19 to 20 swap will have had the desired effect of sharpening up the looks and handling and with the promise of an even quieter ride on these tyres.;)
This is now the size that the 2009 ML Sport is..errr...sporting!

Last edited:
Mactech

They look really nice wheels, look forward to seeing pictures of the wheels fitted.

Thanks. I see you found the ride no harsher on the 19":)
What type and size of tyre have you come from, and what are the 19" tyres?
Mine is on Bridgestone ER30 19's and while I am not that impressed with the grip or the road noise, I can't complain about the wear rate. 2mm in 10k miles!

Didnt Lewis Hamilton say on Top Gear that his ML sat on 24" rims?

And to think my old Morris 1100 had 12"x145 tyres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom