Thankyou Jimmy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
For hosting todays GTG and your kind hospitality. Was an excellent day, and good to meet so many of you!

Looking forward to seeing the videos and pictures! :D

Beat me to it Matt.

I'd like to add my thanks to Jimmy for a superb location, and equally good hospitality.

I especially liked the sunshine that he layed on :bannana:

Jimmy, likewise to the comments from Matt and Dave. Thanks very much :bannana:

Well done Jimmy Excellent day M8.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

From my count there were 38 Cars at the GTG.:cool: :cool:

The two main people "Missed" were Wax Wizard--Shame, and Mercedes enthusiast.:rolleyes:

A good time was had by all,:D :D :D :D

Sun ,burgers, cars, and cheap parts what more could you ask for on a sunday afternoon. Big thanks Jimmy it was greatly appreciated.
Pete
:bannana: :rock: :bannana:

Cheers Jimmy

Hospitality was superb, facilities were excellent, and a great time was had by all.

With thte spread of members in the forum - We couldnt have asked for a better geographical location :)

Thanks again

Mark

Maximum Banana
:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Thanks Jimmy,

Very impressive setup, great location and very generous of you.

Sorry I had to leave just when the sausages were sizzling :(

Good to meet you - and everyone else - and apologies to all those who I didn't get chance to chat to.

As above, thanks Jimmy.

Great venue, great company, great cars and great weather. Doesn't get much better than that!

So, who's hosting the Summer one then? :D :bannana:

Yep, great day. Mike enjoyed himself immensely and said he is "definitely going to the next one". Matt, you will need to bring the 230SL though :D .

Jimmy, thanks for sorting the brakes out. Much better now :) .

Cheers

Andrew

As above, great day enjoyed it.

Three cheers for our kind host JIMMY

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
Thanks Jimmy I think it was the most IDEAL location! My highlight of the day was the Kleemanised CLK.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I am glad everybody enjoyed it so much.

Thank you to everybody for coming, it was good to see you all and your fantastic cars, we were lucky with the weather but it would have been nothing without the brilliant turnout.

Just sorry I didn't get to meet and speak to everybody properly, still great to see everybody mingling about.

Lot's of highlights for me, the most memorable will be not only seeing and riding in, but actually getting the opportunity to drive Vin's legendary car, thanks Vin it was very generous of you.

I feel this could be a regular event that has the potential to be much bigger in the future, I am sure many of you will agree the venue is ideal for location and size, easily enough room for double the amount of cars we had yesterday.

A big thank you to Vin, if it wasn't for your efforts in setting up MBClub UK and inviting people like myself to join in, yesterday would not have happened.

Also thanks to Graham and Matt for helping set up in the morning, Dave for the BBQ charcoal, Greg for the jerry cans, Nick for the CD and every one who helped tidy up and left the place as though we hadn't been there.

Shame I did'nt get round to getting a ride in the Kleemanised CLK, made up for it today, Wayne (the mechanic fitting brakes!!) took me for a very exhilerating ride in a Ferrari, think it was a 356 or 358 not sure but it was red and had the big vents down the sides and was 'f'ing fast and very loud and very bumpy, :D :D still grinning now :D :D.

Ditto everyone really Jimmy, You put on a great day matey.... I had a good day meeting all the usual faces and allot of new ones...Didn't muster up the courage to ask the guy with the SL55 to take me out for a spin...

also didn't realise that Billy was there, until sxxt for brains here noticed his private plate when he was driving out!!!

Thankyou to Guy for the tyres.."Top Man" Bloody nice mota..

The Kleeman boys had some nice kit there..sounded awesome that CLK....

All in all we had a good variety of quality Benz's, I loved Alps C36 and also another of my best was the 129 shaped SL on AMG 18's, dont know who's it was but it sure was a nice one..

After dominating most of the M1 on the way up with the southern crew and the foreign guys (ala wacky races) it was nice to sit at grandpa speed on the way home with the pipe and resting my feet on the dashboard with cruise engaged....

"Only joking Dave E"

Catch y'all @ the next one.......

Originally posted by Wheelie

After dominating most of the M1 on the way up with the southern crew and the foreign guys (ala wacky races) it was nice to sit at grandpa speed on the way home with the pipe and resting my feet on the dashboard with cruise engaged....

"Only joking Dave E"

OMG, is this not nomal then, does it mean there is a proper driving style that i've got to adopt some day??

Afternoon all....guess who! ;)

Echo everybodies sentiments here, it was a quality day. Special thanks to the Silver Arrows convoy who had the patience to wait for me in the 230SL.....think of the MPG though chaps!!

And Flyer...never fear, it shall emerge again....whith the chrome shining like it should do!

Cheers all

Matt Crooke.

Hey guys,

great day, great cars, great people!

many apologies to the guys i didnt get to speak to!

in love with Guys car, will give that dream M3 a def run for its money!

cant wait for the next meet, i`ll make sure im not hungover next time!;) (hence got my mate to drive up!)

Vin, ur cars great with that conversion in it mate! and the spoiler looks great too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom