That CLS feeling..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mavster, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Mavster

Mavster Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL55 AMG
    I bought a 2010 CLS Grand Edition D a week ago now, "nice car" I thought "let me buy one". "It must be the same as the E class Sport I had which was a nice place to be and had enough power with the 3.0 V6 and 7 speed Auto box"..I sold that car and bought an E60 M5 actually ...

Anyway, I am finding that I really look forward to seeing the CLS it in the mornings much more than I did the E class, and actually as much as the M5. I stand there for a minute or so looking at it in the morning and admiring the curves, and really look forward to that feeling of opening the door and hearing the window slightly wind down like a coupe window does. The car looks really cool and you notice a few people will still give it a second glance as you drive past them, but they have appreciative looks on their faces.

Inside it is also very pleasant and I think the Dash and seats are really nicely done and feel quite special compared to the interior of the 211 E class I had. The interior is better looking than a current shape S class I used to own as well. I have had quite a few mercs actually and I think this is the one that I am actually most impressed with in terms of looks and feel.

The car feels nice, solid and powerful as well with approx. 270bhp, when you put your foot down, it really gathers speed quickly and smoothly and the fuel needle seems to be stuck in the same position for days on end (probably because I am used to refueling an M5 every 2 hours of driving :D it. The computer is telling me around 35mpg driving mainly around London Zone 3-6. I am happy with that considering it is a large car.

The car actually feels quite "cool" to get in and drive/ own and gets comments like "its very beautiful". I am quite surprised actually considering the design has been out since 2004/5.

I am glad I did not miss out on owning this model, it seems to have all the positives and no real negatives (apart from no folding rear seats). If you have the budget to own one then I would really recommend it, I don't think you will regret the decision and the car does indeed feel really special. You don't really see many on the roads either. I notice perhaps 3-4 a day.

All you CLS owners have been keeping this car too much of a secret, everyone should know what a special feeling car this is. I, am certainly happy owner so far as you can probably tell:bannana:

I am not so sure about the 2011 CLS and it feels like MB has sold out to the US market in some way...I hope that owners of this latest CLS get the same feeling about their ownership experience.

Steve.

7 people like this.
  2. developer

developer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S212 E63 S
    W219 CLS's are ace.

270bhp helps too ;).

Have I missed the photos?

3. b1g1an

b1g1an Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Thug in a silk dressing gown
    Think you must've missed all the posts, CLS owners are the smuggest of the lot on here and have spent many long threads patting ourselves on the back for just the reasons you've mentioned :)

5 people like this.
  4. bpsorrel

bpsorrel MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SLC 250d, Lexus IS 300h, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
    Agreed, the CLS is a beautiful car. One thing I miss now I've changed it for the 172 SLK is the compliments I got! So far not one person has complimented the SLK whereas I regularly got 'em in the CLS! :D

5. C240Sport97

C240Sport97 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    SL400 and 911 GT3
    219 CLS is a future Mercedes classic

2 people like this.
  6. clk208

clk208 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS
    Another smug CLS owner here.

I'm down in London for a month and apart from looking amazing the car has been immensely useful the past week or so. Stress free journey down at high speed completely loaded up with my stuff and effortless zipping around London with COMAND pointing the way and icy air con on.

Looks great, drives great, luxurious and imposing, what more could you ask for?!

1 person likes this.
  7. Mercator

Mercator Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 SL500
    I always prefer a new model in the mornings as well, I know exactly how you feel looking at the curves etc:D

8. OP
    OP
    Mavster

Car:
    SL55 AMG
    Thanks everyone for the comments..I thought there must be a lot of happy CLS owners out there, and rightly so. I imagine that it is a very hard car to dislike actually. The staggered wheels/tyres and stance is the thing I looked at most yesterday :D

The gadgets are fantastic also. I didn't know this before, but if you press and hold the air recirculation button (in case you are about to drive into a tunnel) then the car automatically shuts any open windows/roof for you. When you press and hold a 2nd time, it opens them all to the position before you entered the tunnel. - I like that. :cool:

Regarding Pics, I haven't taken any yet which is a little naughty of me. It is Black/Black and will be needing a wash soon as it has a layer of dust over that shiny recently moped body. I will put up some post wash pics as soon as I can. I wonder if it is an enjoyable car to wash...Hmm

I hope the car stays trouble free, and then it may even be a keeper. We shall see...

Steve.

9. OP
    OP
    Mavster

Car:
    SL55 AMG
    It is a bit like looking at an attractive lady actually.

Talking of attractive cars and jumping to another brand altogether..Have you guys seen the new Jag F type. WoW is all I can say....can someone buy me one so I can park it next to my CLS.

10. b1g1an

b1g1an Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Thug in a silk dressing gown
    Think the face of the f type is ugly and spoils the overall package, difficult to put a bag over the front of a car. However, the bum is very nice :D

The CLS is probably the easiest car I've owned to wash...there's just so much of it!

11. OP
    OP
    Mavster

Car:
    SL55 AMG
    Hmm..I am looking forwards to it :)

F type looks like a cross between a Maserati (front) and an Alfa spider thingy (rear). Congrats Jaguar !

12. BenzedUP

BenzedUP Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    NA
    I do love the CLS - a friend of mine has a 219 CLS63AMG in white and that thing is amazing, looks stunning from every angle, I do prefer it over the new one...only just though.

13. W2--

W2-- Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS, S210
    The 219 CLS is a very lovely car. Lovely to look at, and a welcoming interior while you are in.

14. OP
    OP
    Mavster

Car:
    SL55 AMG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some pics of the new addition after her 1st bath. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
Tags: