That darn Cat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Does anyone have a reasonable suggestion to keep my next door neigbours car from sleeping on the car bonnet in the driveway?
I don't possess a garage.:(
I have noticed a couple of light scratches made in the last day or two and know its that bl00dy cat.

It has been kipping on the wifes car for a long time and enjoys the heat from the engine and she doesn't mind, but I do when its my car. I don't want to hurt the cat, but really put it off of getting on the bonnet and clawing it. There is no point at all mentioning it to next door as she can't control where her cat goes.

If I can catch it with the hose pipe a few times that may deter it. Any more suggestions?

An air riffle will do the trick, no on a serious note try one of those cat deterent you use for keeping them off the grass. Not sure what they are called but they work well

Does anyone have a reasonable suggestion to keep my next door neigbours car from sleeping on the car bonnet in the driveway?
I don't possess a garage.:(
I have noticed a couple of light scratches made in the last day or two and know its that bl00dy cat.

It has been kipping on the wifes car for a long time and enjoys the heat from the engine and she doesn't mind, but I do when its my car. I don't want to hurt the cat, but really put it off of getting on the bonnet and clawing it. There is no point at all mentioning it to next door as she can't control where her cat goes.

If I can catch it with the hose pipe a few times that may deter it. Any more suggestions?

I sympathise. I have had the same problem for the last few years as my SUV’s will not fit in my garage. The problem comes down to the fact that even the tame domestic cat is legally termed as a wild animal. It appears that the cat’s owner is not legally responsible for it. This is not the case with dogs.

Oh how I wish I could electrify the bodywork - especially the bonnet - on my glc!

No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.

Powerful water pistol, or hosepipe already set up.

Our cat loved to sit on the convertible roof of my XK. A half cover sorted that ... eventually!

Last edited:
I sympathise. I have had the same problem for the last few years as my SUV’s will not fit in my garage. The problem comes down to the fact that even the tame domestic cat is legally termed as a wild animal. It appears that the cat’s owner is not legally responsible for it. This is not the case with dogs.

Oh how I wish I could electrify the bodywork - especially the bonnet - on my glc!

Taser? :)

Really easy to keep all the local cats from your garden......just plant some catnip in a neighbours garden :D

Curry plants all over my garden. They work for the flower beds but don’t look too good on my car. Makes it look like a canal boat...

I would normally post a funny picture but on this occasion I’m going to be serious because it would pi55 me off if it was my car.
How about putting a towel or old blanket on your bonnet for approx 7 days and then covering it in cat repellent ( making sure it doesn’t damage your paint work). After a few visits by the cat I’m sure it would associate your car bonnet with repellent and avoid.

PS. You also need to do the same for your wife’s car. It’s all or nothing.

Shame I didn't live closer, I'd have brought my Spaniel round I guarantee you'll never see the cat again:cool:

I love my car and I like my cat... I have to admit that if my cat was sleeping on the bonnet of my car I would have a dilemma what to do.

Shame I didn't live closer, I'd have brought my Spaniel round I guarantee you'll never see the cat again:cool:

Would he eat it?
Unfortunately this cat is an outdoor cat. Never seen it leave the house. It's always cr@pping in my flower beds or scratching the lawn up after a dump. I think I 'm being restrained not doing some light violence on the thing.

Would he eat it?
Unfortunately this cat is an outdoor cat. Never seen it leave the house. It's always cr@pping in my flower beds or scratching the lawn up after a dump. I think I 'm being restrained not doing some light violence on the thing.

Somebody needs to take the restraints off AMGeed asap.
Cats are selfish creatures, - just like Volvo drivers.......
:- )))

Would he eat it?
The flower beds are easily dealt with by using cat repellent. Not sure it's safe to spray it on a car's bonnet though, might damag the paintwork? Perhpas you can spray it on the drive around the car?

How about a couple of those magnetic wing protectors that garages use drapped over the bonnet?

You have my sympathy; there’s a cat whose owner lives three doors down that likes to use my manicured lawn as it’s toilet, I told the owner in no uncertain terms what the repercussions would be if she did t do something and she now keeps it in from evening until morning and there’s been no other incidents.

I hate cats (it’s more likely the owners actually) to the point I know it’s probably irrational but I just do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom