That Sinking Feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
EU politicians incorporated stupeed swedish law into EU-ropean law book to ban physical child discipline.
Sweden was the first country in the world to ban physical child discipline.

Plenty of research in Sweden to suggest and acknowledge that the 'experiment' hasn't worked.

And if you are looking for a comfortable, low cost place to retire... may I suggest a Swedish prison?

When I was a Special Constable around Hackney and Shoreditch, I encountered a lot of the low life you're talking about, and the lack of respect was incredible. Basically they would abuse the Police, because they knew we were toothless when it came to kids. Basically they felt (rightly), you can' touch us, so we don't care.

On the other hand, I got to see a side of life which gave a little understanding of how they end up that way. The parents were usually scumbags. I remember being in somebody's kitchen, with a few other officers, after an allegation of domestic violence, various kids drifting in and out, and not really noticing we were there, it was such an everyday occurence to them.

We can't imagine the life they live, any more than they can ours, and they do develop a resentment of the middle classes, or the 'have's', and they do grow up with no respect for property, since they rarely get or keep anything of value, and don't learn the concept of earning nice things.

I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

Aye, you're right unfortunately and I do have some sympathy, you wonder what chance some kids have of growing up right - but this lack of consequence to their earlier misdemeanours is what suddenly lands them with a life sentence for murder at 18, when suddenly there are consequences.

I grew up on a poor Preston council estate in the early 70s, and yeah we stole the odd apple, played knock-a-door-run and the like. But we never did anything truly bad. There was still a lot of pride in keeping your house and garden nice. The council did the sensible thing and stuck all the bad families down Cowley Road and you basically didnt go down there.

Plenty of research in Sweden to suggest and acknowledge that the 'experiment' hasn't worked.

And if you are looking for a comfortable, low cost place to retire... may I suggest a Swedish prison?

wanna commit crime do the time in swedish prison!
they will take care of you full pension like a hotel resort. :eek:

wanna commit crime do the time in swedish prison!
they will take care of you full pension like a hotel resort. :eek:

Assange says

[S-TAG] No Fanks [/S-TAG]

LEWYBOY:
Hey! I'm and old man and my p*** smells like roses!
Seriously, over the years (60 odd) my cars have been targeted by many a vandal and/or thief in car parks. In the USA I was more concerned with my personal safety, being an old white man in a suit I was considered fair game. The same for public transport. Hence many people carry pepper spray or a pistol (legally). Most of them don't know how to use them correctly and wind up having them used against themselves. That is one reason I live in England. The Isle of Wight is a wonderful, peaceful place. Please don't tell anyone as we are full.

I'm here to, I agree don't tell anyone else:D

Assange says

[S-TAG] No Fanks [/S-TAG]

Assange doesn't get any prison benefits.
he's trapped in an embassy building

swedish prisoners gets treated with better food than pupils in school on lunch time

So scumbag broke off both the wing mirrors from one of my previous cars. What made it worse was having to find the money to fix the damage, especially as at the time I was a skint student. As others have said, the mind boggles at the idocy, although I suspect alcohol and peer pressure might often be contributory factors.

Years ago I had my car keyed whist I was driving it!

Assume it happened in the centre of Exeter on my way home.

Generally though, whilst there are plenty if baduns out there, most of our youth are polite and respectful.

Also someone mentioned broken homes, plenty of great kids come from broken homes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom