That Sinking Feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
When you approach your car to find someone has been messing with it!

Came back to my E last night, which I had parked in a multi storey I've used on and off for the last ten years. I parked in a bay at the end of a row, keep it tucked in and always been safe.

Well on Thursday there was a group of kids in there, hanging around in the corner I was parked. Proper chavvy little 13/14 year olds, like extras from that movie Harry Brown.

Anyway drove my car off and assumed it was a one off. Clearly it wasn't.

Walked up to my car yesterday and can see a football sitting not far from it which is random on the 3rd floor of a multi storey.

Inspect my car and there's prints from the ball on the bonnet and roof (no dents I could see!). Someone had forced one of the electric folder mirrors straight and there's what I assume Coke of similar sprayed all up the side. A load of debris round the place where they've been breaking stuff, no idea what.

I know it's not the worst damage (if any I'm hoping) but what an utterly pointless exercise!! It's no shock to anyone I'm sure but the level of disrespect for other people still staggers me.

Had my previous car keyed, something I can not fathom - some people deriving pleasure simply from causing damage to property of others they don't even know.

Blame the EU it stopped parents smacking their kids so no decipline no respect :)

Blame the EU it stopped parents smacking their kids so no decipline no respect :)

In this particular case I would not be surprised is the kids take after their parents... :(

Multi-storey car parks attract all the wierdos.

I recall pulling into a bay in a Southampton car park to find that a tramp was already occupying it by having a nap on a double mattress, he was lucky that I was fully awake that day.

There's the expensive one under the National Theatre Drury Lane with massive bays, all kinds of flash motors but still stinks of old man's piss.

I was nearly mugged (aborted) in the lifts of the one in the Palisades, Birmingham which has now been demolished.

I do rather enjoy the ones with a spiral exit route outside of the main building, get the steering lock right and you can whiz down those as a fair lick.

I thought this was going to be an ABC thread before opening it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What always gets my goat is if you gave one of the little scrotes a slap, which might do them some good - you'd be in trouble.

Actually what we need is to reintroduce the stocks. A bit of public humiliation.

On the car park note I always remember parking in the St Giles hotel underground car park, big long spiral, then many stairs up. As I made my way up the stairs I could hear sounds of a scuffle above me, but stupidly I carried on going.

As I rounded the corner, two big scruffy blokes going at it, one shouting to the other "Gimme the ****ing stuff."

I'll never forget tho, the weirdest thing was that as I came round, they moved out of the way for me, while still grappling with each other.

I got round the next bend, thought "****!!!" and legged it up the stairs.

EU politicians incorporated stupeed swedish law into EU-ropean law book to ban physical child discipline.
Sweden was the first country in the world to ban physical child discipline.

no discipline equals to fukked up kids with no respect to other people or other peoples property! :doh: :eek:

What always gets my goat is if you gave one of the little scrotes a slap, which might do them some good - you'd be in trouble....

Some years ago I was visiting a client near Waterloo Station.

The office manager asked me where I parked, and then suggested I move the car away from that particular side street as it was targeted by kids breaking into parked cars.

He then added that one of their staff caught a child in the act and dragged him to the local police station, where he was told he was lucky that the child made no complaint or he would have been charged with assault..... the child was released on the spot, presumably embarking on an life- ling illustrious career of petty crime.

In contrast, an elderly man I used to know told me that when he was a child police constables used to wear thick gloves, and when he was caught being 'up to no good' the PC would slap him over the back if his head. Later at home, if he told his father that he was slapped by a policeman, he would get another one...

Personally I am not a supporter of physical punishment, but just to say that things were very different once.

A bit of fear instilled into the little sh!ts would do them the world of good. Sadly there's a culture that there's little to no punishment. When I was a kid, I'd be scared I'd get a slap or actually be in trouble (late 80s). As said, if I'd had a word and they kicked off I'd be in trouble for giving them a smack.

This particular car park has always been ok, you get a lot of nice cars in there. I've seen a Ferrari FF, Audi R8, 911, new CLS63 etc regularly in there as it's used by the city boys to head up to London Bridge/Victoria. Thing is there's CCTV round the place but not pointed at that corner and there was me worrying about door dings by parking there rather than criminal damage.

And people ask me why I don't use my CLS63 daily because scum like that ruin things for the decent people out there.

because scum like that ruin things for the decent people out there.

probably misunderstood youth and came from a broken home.

LEWYBOY:
Hey! I'm and old man and my p*** smells like roses!
Seriously, over the years (60 odd) my cars have been targeted by many a vandal and/or thief in car parks. In the USA I was more concerned with my personal safety, being an old white man in a suit I was considered fair game. The same for public transport. Hence many people carry pepper spray or a pistol (legally). Most of them don't know how to use them correctly and wind up having them used against themselves. That is one reason I live in England. The Isle of Wight is a wonderful, peaceful place. Please don't tell anyone as we are full.

When I was a Special Constable around Hackney and Shoreditch, I encountered a lot of the low life you're talking about, and the lack of respect was incredible. Basically they would abuse the Police, because they knew we were toothless when it came to kids. Basically they felt (rightly), you can' touch us, so we don't care.

On the other hand, I got to see a side of life which gave a little understanding of how they end up that way. The parents were usually scumbags. I remember being in somebody's kitchen, with a few other officers, after an allegation of domestic violence, various kids drifting in and out, and not really noticing we were there, it was such an everyday occurence to them.

We can't imagine the life they live, any more than they can ours, and they do develop a resentment of the middle classes, or the 'have's', and they do grow up with no respect for property, since they rarely get or keep anything of value, and don't learn the concept of earning nice things.

I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

........but still stinks of old man's piss.

I do wonder if you ever think before typing but clearly not. It interests me that parts of this thread make comments about respect for other people. Suggest you read and consider perhaps.

I do wonder if you ever think before typing but clearly not. It interests me that parts of this thread make comments about respect for other people. Suggest you read and consider perhaps.

It wasn't personal.

Sad fact of life is that some people are bred to be little s*its basically!

Sadly as right as you are, it doesn't stop it being pretty gutting. I live near a school and the only way I've been able to make sure they prevent their pupils from running riot is to install CCTV as they now know I can provide proof. Again some of those kids probably come from a similar situation to the one you describe and are sent 10+ miles on public transport to come up to the school.

Just hate that feeling that the things you work hard to achieve can be ruined by someone who simply doesn't car or try and appreciate that.

Play the long game...find out who they are etc and scratch the first car they ever buy.

funny how we all have our own styles....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom