That tv advert for the Audi R8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport, Yamaha XVS 1100, Toyota C-HR GR sport
Brilliant.
Heart still in mouth.

Think MB missed a trick with that, as I'm sure they sound better.

I saw the ad yesterday......apparently i was smiling like an old fool throughout the advert according to the other half. Its awesome:D

This one?

[youtube]e0gvqLZIQss[/youtube]

Simple yet quite dramatic. I saw it first in the adverts at the cinema, surround sound and all. Was captivated!

The straps holding it down look a little "feeble" to me.......... I certainly wouldn't want to be standing infront of that!!

Not my cup of tea though.

great machine...apparently Audi are trying to entice Ferrari owners, I don't think...still would not mind one tho :)

Great ad and sounds fabulous. However IMO they don't sound as good in the flesh. A V10 one lives down the road from me and sometimes i can barely hear it coming (a little tongue in cheek). A rolling road will also accelerate a car far quicker.
Still can't get away from it being a great ad though.

I think R8 might be most expensive car advertised on TV
I'll take a Nissan GT-R any day of the week or one of the RS Audis

I thought I put this up a couple of months back, there is a "Makeing the ad" video too, well worth watching....

Yep seen that ad in the cinema about a month ago and of course the sound through their system was amazing. No true petrol head could watch that and not be moved...very clever ad.

That's a good point, it wouldn't be hard to soften up the GT-R a bit and put some fancy fabric in it.
But, makes you wonder how long it would take to adjust the torque transfer in the Audi, five or ten minutes, and I am sure they will have a twin turbo lurking somewhere in Europe for it....

Trust me...... it does sound like that... Mine does.... but dont forget in the ad they have removed the silencers which means the full bark is a little quieter with them fitted than the way they portray it, but you can buy exhaust systems such as the Capristo that do make it sound very very loud and with a more murcielago than gallardo noise. Dont forget they have the same identical 5.2 ltr V10 they take from the Gallardo and drop that straight into the R8 V10. They just change the rocker covers once in the car, thats it!

Yep, the V10 in the R8 definitely sounds like that when your foot is flat! Its a deep thunderous note rather than the (still amazing) loud ripping sound that AMGs produce.

When the same engine is in the S6 and S8 however, its a low rumbling burble. I assume because the S6 and S8 are front-engined and the exhaust system is much longer?

Great ad and sounds fabulous. However IMO they don't sound as good in the flesh. A V10 one lives down the road from me and sometimes i can barely hear it coming (a little tongue in cheek). A rolling road will also accelerate a car far quicker.
Still can't get away from it being a great ad though.

Yep, the V10 in the R8 definitely sounds like that when your foot is flat! Its a deep thunderous note rather than the (still amazing) loud ripping sound that AMGs produce.

When the same engine is in the S6 and S8 however, its a low rumbling burble. I assume because the S6 and S8 are front-engined and the exhaust system is much longer?

They only put the Gallardo engine in the R8 the S6 and S8 are different variants of the V10. Same as when they did the RS6 the V10 in that was an Audi V10 not the Lambo's.

I loved my C63 and the noise that thing made just put a smile on your face, especially when it started from cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom