That's one weird day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

removed

Car
~
As far as traffic related weirdness goes, today has to be at the very top! :crazy:

Left home at 6:15am this morning to get the car to Clive for a little bit of paint splashing :rolleyes: Programmed the route into satnav a few days ago, usual stuff... Whether flood warnings or some cosmic rays, but something definitely screwed up my Garmin this morning - sent me through every tiny village in Cambridgeshire, arrived at Clive's just after 10am, instead of about 8:20 :wallbash: On the way there: got forced off the [narrow country lane type] road by a bus, coming off the bend half way into my lane, had to swerve sharp to avoid having my face embedded into his radiator, curbed the front N/S wheel :wallbash: ... 20 min later a bird, looking more like a small velociraptor, walked calmly onto the road, managed to avoid it, as other lane was empty ... unlike a huge pothole a few minutes later, which I had to brave as there were a few cars on the other side, and an idiot tailgating behind ... While going through some town centre, an old lady (shouldn't really call her that), looking like she had just escaped from a drug rehab, in a dirty and battered C-class behind me, spent about 10 minutes plucking her moustache (I kid you not!) with her rear view mirror completely turned to assist in such an important exercise, she then picked something out of her nose and ate it! :wallbash: FEW TIMES!!! :crazy:

When I finally arrived at Clive's place and apologised for being late, I thought the weird part of the day is over...

Meeting Clive was great and I'm really glad I took the car to him :thumb:

I also had a very pleasant ride to the station in his lovely new CLK :bannana:

OK, so I bought a ticket, got on the train to London, grabbed a magazine ... nice. About ten minutes into the journey, we actually hit someone! :crazy: ...almost two hours stationary, air ambulance, police helicopter, the works. Finally the train pulled very slowly to the next station and we were told to leave...

Not a day you forget in a hurry!

Do you feel better now having shared your experience ???

Wow what a day!

Mine was uneventful, drove up to Manchester (well Stockport actually) for a meeting. Arrived almost an hour early as I left home at 6.30am. I was back home just before 5.30pm had a decent lunch too :)

Do you feel better now having shared your experience ???

Actually, I felt quite good even before :thumb: - the car is getting a re-spray, the wheel will be refurbished, and it was sunny in Northampton on arrival :bannana:

As far as traffic related weirdness goes, today has to be at the very top! :crazy:

- sent me through every tiny village in Cambridgeshire, arrived at Clive's just after 10am, instead of about 8:20...behind me, spent about 10 minutes plucking her moustache (I kid you not!) with her rear view mirror completely turned to assist in such an important exercise, she then picked something out of her nose and ate it!

LOL

Wasn't March was it?

I worked with a chap who was sent to March for a job and he was astounded at the weirdness of the place. An old lady vomited over his shoes in the street and there were 2 dwarves fighting in a bus shelter. He met two northerners who'd moved there and they said they hated it and it was full of weirdos. Sounded like Royston Vasey :crazy:

LOL

Wasn't March was it?

I worked with a chap who was sent to March for a job and he was astounded at the weirdness of the place. An old lady vomited over his shoes in the street and there were 2 dwarves fighting in a bus shelter. He met two northerners who'd moved there and they said they hated it and it was full of weirdos. Sounded like Royston Vasey :crazy:

I will check the trip log, if only to set it to ALWAYS avoid the place! LOL

Just watched the 'bus coming at me' video and and swerve ... not as scary as I though it was :dk: and I was only doing 38mph in 60 zone ... which I'm glad I did. Very sharp bend ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom