The ‘Thank You’ thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Just a place to give thanks.

Thank you to @AMGeed. A few days ago I PM’ed him to ask advice on sourcing some yummy Cornish pasties. He went above and beyond firstly by getting me prices from his local, priced up the carriage via Royal Mail 24 hour service. Then once I gave him the 👍 he kindly ordered, collected, rapped and posted them up to me. A very kind deed considering we have never met or even chatted on the phone.

Pasties received this morning. They were all baked by noon and have now been frozen for treats over Christmas.

3 will be enjoyed this evening. I haven’t paid for them just yet. Waiting to see if they’re any good. 😁

Roger: THANK YOU 🙏

My pleasure Ant. It's a poor show if we can't help out other forum members whether we've met before or not.

You in particular, come over as a really genuine family man who has overcome adversity in the past,and is making a nice life in another part of the UK. I get a laugh out of some of your posts too.
I have had the pleasure of meeting a few other members at Ollys GTG and MSL that I would class as friends. To me, that's the whole point of the forum. To share ideas, experiences,knowledge and to help out if possible when asked.

Just hope those pasties are as nice as they looked.:thumb:

Thank you in general to members of this forum for giving me advice (both Mercedes related and otherwise), for information, for debate and most importantly, a wife!

We have in-laws who live in Boscastle. We have visited them once a couple of years ago & brought back a cool box of pasties. Yum.
Other family members visit frequently yet they resist our requests for supplies, just too inconvenient to visit the bakers on a Sunday morning before they depart:(:(
I’ve heard today that the in-laws have applied for a job in Suffolk & may be returning to their home county. I just hope that the removal lorry has room for a shed load of pasties.

Three votes of thanks from me.

Chronologically first to a member who left the forum a couple of years ago so won’t see this. R2D2 was always friendly and he sent me a bottle of Turtle Wax Black Box pre-wax when we were discussing removal of tiny scratches. No charge, not even postage. Thank you Greg, I still use it.

Secondly to a few members here who provided lots of amazing support just over two years ago when I was going through a particularly hard time. You guys helped me through it and I can’t thank you enough.

Finally, and by no means least, is the OP for this thread: Ant. He lives up to his Happytalk name by always being a pleasure to read. Where he individually helped me was by giving me advice on replacing double glazed panels of all things. Without his detailed knowledge and advice I doubt I’d even have taken it on, let alone successfully replace the four that I’ve already done. Thank you Ant.

My pleasure Ant. It's a poor show if we can't help out other forum members whether we've met before or not.

You in particular, come over as a really genuine family man who has overcome adversity in the past,and is making a nice life in another part of the UK. I get a laugh out of some of your posts too.
I have had the pleasure of meeting a few other members at Ollys GTG and MSL that I would class as friends. To me, that's the whole point of the forum. To share ideas, experiences,knowledge and to help out if possible when asked.

Just hope those pasties are as nice as they looked.:thumb:
How long until @Happytalk73 realises that you laced his pasties with mushy peas??

😄

How long until @Happytalk73 realises that you laced his pasties with mushy peas??

😄
Ooh, I’ll have to try that!

So to stay on thread topic, I formally thank you for that suggestion, as I love mushy peas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom