The ‘Thank You’ thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought since Brexit we would have less Jonny foreigner but we seem to have been invaded by this strange pasty skinned bunch which I believe are collectively called "northerners". They keep coming in my store moaning loudly in some sort of unintelligible dialect about the choice of pasties, the lack of "black poodun" (whatever that is). One of them nearly had a complete melt down yesterday when I told him that we had actually discontinued "Lard" !

Prey explain ?

I thought since Brexit we would have less Jonny foreigner but we seem to have been invaded by this strange pasty skinned bunch which I believe are collectively called "northerners". They keep coming in my store moaning loudly in some sort of unintelligible dialect about the choice of pasties, the lack of "black poodun" (whatever that is). One of them nearly had a complete melt down yesterday when I told him that we had actually discontinued "Lard" !

Prey explain ?

You have to be careful with the Scots. :)

Prey explain ?

Nee Greggs, nee black puddin and nee lard, what kind of shop is that .Is it in France ?

I still visit the forum daily and am made welcome at various get-togethers that I manage to get to even though I turn up in non MB cars - SLK went a few years ago. Many thanks chaps and chapesses.

A few thanks has to be given this year

1. To the staff who still gave up their time during this pandemic to keep the forum running
2. Members who donated financially and/or gave up their time to help keep the forum alive and help others
3. The sponsors who still gave up their time to help members on here
4. Mrs 6600 for putting up with me for another year and working her **** off to keep the V10 full of fuel 🙃

Possibly not what this thread was intended for but IMHO justified nonetheless.

My “thank you” goes to the NHS.

Today I had a small procedure in an NHS hospital which doesn’t have a great reputation, but every single person I spoke to was exceptional in the care they provided - there must have been 7 or 8 people involved end-to-end, and without exception they were happy, friendly. confidence-inspiring, and genuinely cared. An oxymoron, but true.

Despite everything which is going on - and the extra COVID-secure measures put in place - it was very much business-as-usual, and at no point did I feel either unsafe, and at no point did I fee inconvenienced by those extra measures and controls. I was very impressed all round, and made me proud to be British.

So thank you to the NHS.

Today I had a small procedure in an NHS hospital which doesn’t have a great reputation, but every single person I spoke to was exceptional in the care they provided - there must have been 7 or 8 people involved end-to-end, and without exception they were happy, friendly. confidence-inspiring, and genuinely cared. An oxymoron, but true.

Despite everything which is going on - and the extra COVID-secure measures put in place - it was very much business-as-usual, and at no point did I feel either unsafe, and at no point did I fee inconvenienced by those extra measures and controls. I was very impressed all round, and made me proud to be British.

So thank you to the NHS.
I agree. In the last month I’ve had an ultrasound scan, CT scan, cameras poked around inside me, and numerous blood samples taken for analysis. Without exception, every member of the NHS staff in the two hospitals I visited has been wonderful.

So I echo your words, thank you NHS.

Just a place to give thanks.

Thank you to @AMGeed. A few days ago I PM’ed him to ask advice on sourcing some yummy Cornish pasties. He went above and beyond firstly by getting me prices from his local, priced up the carriage via Royal Mail 24 hour service. Then once I gave him the 👍 he kindly ordered, collected, rapped and posted them up to me. A very kind deed considering we have never met or even chatted on the phone.

Pasties received this morning. They were all baked by noon and have now been frozen for treats over Christmas.

3 will be enjoyed this evening. I haven’t paid for them just yet. Waiting to see if they’re any good. 😁

Roger: THANK YOU 🙏

I have to agree.

Roger is a real good egg.

Five or six years ago, he once saved my son a circa 450-mile round trip by viewing a car for him.

I'll always remember that. ;)

Thanks, Roger. :thumb: :thumb:

So thank you to the NHS.

I agree, a big thank you to the NHS. I have only had a couple of bad experiences with them but that has been down to the individual in both cases. I have had so much help, support and care from the NHS, it's safe to say my life would be completely different if it wasn't for some amazing doctors, surgeons, nurses and even reception staff. Most have gone above their call of duty to help me and I will always be grateful to them

I also have to echo the thoughts above. We’ve always has nothing but a positive experience throughout the years. Not just from the doctors and surgeons but from everyone involved from start to finish. Even when they’ve been unable to solve an issue they’ve empathised with our situation which means the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

So thank you to the NHS.
Hope you’re feeling A-ok today Rob. Treat yourself to some yummy comfort food tonight. 🥳

So thank you to the NHS.

Get well soon Rob.
Those penis reduction ops are painful.;)

Hope you’re feeling A-ok today Rob. Treat yourself to some yummy comfort food tonight. 🥳
That’s one of he reasons I had a Roger Kebab last night! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom