The 2020 CL215 Owners Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello Alex, I need some new tyres on my CL (245/40/18).
You must see many of our cars !!
What tyres do you find are most suitable/popular ?
What tyres did you go for in the end Simon? I need two new fronts so will probably match up as running Bridgestone Potenza 245/40Z/R19s?

Mine turned out be the auxiliary battery (on the E500) if your Indy was tasked with it I am surprised he did
not pin it down for you before returning the car.
Was the door module pricey ?

It would appear that you & I are the only ones in the register who have faults on their car ?
I have got a rear strut on the way out, it has been seeping for some time now. not as easy to renew
as the front.

Sorry I didn’t come back on cost of replacement door module which was £80 fitted.

What tyres did you go for in the end Simon? I need two new fronts so will probably match up as running Bridgestone Potenza 245/40Z/R19s?

I looked at all the latest tyre reviews and the potenzas rated very badly for wear. I'm having Continental SportContact 7s put on my '03 CL600 and be interesting to see how they fare.
Do look at the head to heads with these 2.

I ended up with a pair of Continental premium sport 5.

Wife had a power steering failure recently, flex pipe failure part of a somewhat “complex” assembly
attached to the pump. I had to buy a new one which hurt!

I ended up with a pair of Continental premium sport 5.

Wife had a power steering failure recently, flex pipe failure part of a somewhat “complex” assembly
Looks like Continentals is the way to go, so will source 2 of those. What car does your wife have? Sounds like an expensive part.

I have booked to go to Benz on the Green so is anyone else from our 2020 CL215 Owners Register going along in May as be good to meet up?

For that sort of thing Pirtek is your friend......not taken them a hydraulic pipe/hose that they could not fix/replace yet.....usually for a fraction of the cost of the factory part.
I while back I took them the high pressure steering line from a customers 159....the part is no longer available as they stopped making that car eons ago according to ALFA.....2011!!.....and the pattern ones are rubbish.
It was a steel hard line with a bout a 2 foot of rubber hose which had burst. They inserted a rubber section using the same crimped all the way round type fitting as the factory one had.....£75 all in!!

1708347444202.png

Last edited:
For that sort of thing Pirtek is your friend......not taken them a hydraulic pipe/hose that they could not fix/replace yet.....usually for a fraction of the cost of the factory part.
I while back I took them the high pressure steering line from a customers 159....the part is no longer available as they stopped making that car eons ago according to ALFA.....2011!!.....and the pattern ones are rubbish.
It was a steel hard line with a bout a 2 foot of rubber hose which had burst. They inserted a rubber section using the same crimped all the way round type fitting as the factory one had.....£75 all in!!

View attachment 153468
Yes thanks, there is a Pirtek branch in Lincoln which would have done that but circumstances
prevented my using them. I still have the pipe & will retain it, should any member want to go
that route in future. MB price for the pipe circa £250.

Looks like Continentals is the way to go, so will source 2 of those. What car does your wife have? Sounds like an expensive part.
She has the E500 but the failure was on the CL while she was driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom