The 500E went in to have a Stone Chip Fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Went in for some bubbling around sunroof... ended up doing the whole car.

Now the rear screen is also coming out to do it properly. New screen on order from MB.

500paint1.jpg

500paint11.jpg

500paint2.jpg

500paint3.jpg

500paint4.jpg

500paint5.jpg

500paint6.jpg

500paint7.jpg

500paint8.jpg

500paint9.jpg

500paint10.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing :thumb:

Went in for some bubbling around sunroof... ended up doing the whole car.

Yes, that's the problem with these old cars.......:D

Nice.

What paint system did you use...?

Jay - did you get anywhere on the rear screen? Give me a shout if you do source one as I need one for mine. Cheers B

500E said:
Jay - did you get anywhere on the rear screen? Give me a shout if you do source one as I need one for mine. Cheers B

I'm holding out for MB to deliver. They have an estimated date of end of May. I'm not waiting that long but will give them a week or two.
I'd prefer to have the glass with Mb logo.

Otherwise the local windscreen company I used say that pilkington have stock. Price is about the same.

hey Jaymanek
this car looks very lovely, good job.

did you remove seal around sunroof before paint?
these seals are they easy to replace?

mine's getting bad from old age

I'm holding out for MB to deliver. They have an estimated date of end of May. I'm not waiting that long but will give them a week or two.
I'd prefer to have the glass with Mb logo.

Otherwise the local windscreen company I used say that pilkington have stock. Price is about the same.
Nice one - my car is going in for repaint in 2-3 months - I'm not fussed about having an MB specific one (as my front glass is a replacement anyway) but want the correct one for the 500E (as you know they are not the same as per normal W124).

My CL500 needs some bits and pieces sorted, most significantly around the sunroof.....I think I know what's going to happen.

If there is a job that I wish I could do, it would be car spraying. I think the satisfaction these guys must get when they see the finished item will be immense. My Nissan Primera GT has been in the bodyshop for a week. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Yours looks like a great job on a beautiful car.

Sunroof does not need to come out... the seal is removed, the area treated around it, then close sunroof and paint.
The mouldings were to come off, im not sure what happened, will find out.

whats the difference between a e500e screen and a standard w124 item??
thanks
There are more filaments on the 500E screen and they are closer together. I think there are other (subtle) differences too but not sure...

They had painted all the other parts today... Bumpers, Mirrors etc.
Tomorrow they "Flat and Polish" entire car and other parts.

I have to say, the bodyshop have done a fantastic job on this. Even without the polishing stage, the car looks really well with hardly any orange peel or any other issues.

I should get the car back for Friday which happens to be my Birthday!

Unfortunately wont be able to drive far without a rear screen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom