The 6 nations

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

And we are off.

Good comeback for Wales last night, loads more excitement to come.

Pretty dreadful game of rugby in the first half completely turned on it’s head on the second half, the French being masters of their own demise with a couple of catastrophic mistakes.

Well done Wales though, they looked dead and buried at halftime..

Pretty dreadful game of rugby in the first half completely turned on it’s head on the second half, the French being masters of their own demise with a couple of catastrophic mistakes.

The French surrendered. That's not like them, were they playing the Germans? ;)

Good win for England.
Yes, pretty solid win for the team in white. Hopefully they can continue playing that well.

The best performance from England in a long time. Completely outplayed the favourites for the Grand Slam on their own pitch.

That was a strange game last night. France looked home and dry after the first 40 mins and Wales were abysmal. Thanks to France gifting them 2 tries and Wales not giving up a surprise win. Totally a game of two halves.
Wales will have to play so much better to win the slam.

That was a strange game last night. France looked home and dry after the first 40 mins and Wales were abysmal. Thanks to France gifting them 2 tries and Wales not giving up a surprise win. Totally a game of two halves.
Wales will have to play so much better to win the slam.

It's like Christmas every time Wales win a game of rugby, all those gifts...

^ Wales are usually worth their wins and don't need gifts.
They did last night and got two.
Same as England got one this afternoon.

Irish seemed to play the ref better. For once, I agree with Laidlaw.

First Irish try was deffo offside. Last week, in Dublin, a virtually identical play - kick and chase - was referred to the TMO. Today's was not. Pity, as the chaser (No. 12) was offside at the kick, so the try should have been ruled out.

There does seem to be a lot of inconsistency in the adjudication of matches. However, I recall saying I would never watch RU again after the 2011 World Cup Final, where Craig Joubert crucified France, ignoring many infringements by the All Blacks who went on to win. Even the NZ press said it was blinkered reffing.

It must be me, but forward passes, squint line outs, regular offsides at kicks and rucks etc seem to be allowed. Even the put in to scrums has been changed to allow the scrum half to put the ball in off-centre.

The missus gets all that, but asks me why the same infringements aren't allowed equally for both sides on the pitch ... as today.

Be interesting to see who gets the decisions in Cardiff, when England and Ireland visit.

Yes, I can’t think of a another game where the referee has such a massive influence.

And the more professional the game becomes and the more that money gets pumped in,the less people will accept some criminal decisions.

Daft as it sounds, they could end up with two refs on the pitch (or something else as drastic) because what’s happening now just isn’t good enough - far too many massive mistakes.

Irish seemed to play the ref better. For once, I agree with Laidlaw.

First Irish try was deffo offside. Last week, in Dublin, a virtually identical play - kick and chase - was referred to the TMO. Today's was not. Pity, as the chaser (No. 12) was offside at the kick, so the try should have been ruled out.

There does seem to be a lot of inconsistency in the adjudication of matches. However, I recall saying I would never watch RU again after the 2011 World Cup Final, where Craig Joubert crucified France, ignoring many infringements by the All Blacks who went on to win. Even the NZ press said it was blinkered reffing.

It must be me, but forward passes, squint line outs, regular offsides at kicks and rucks etc seem to be allowed. Even the put in to scrums has been changed to allow the scrum half to put the ball in off-centre.

The missus gets all that, but asks me why the same infringements aren't allowed equally for both sides on the pitch ... as today.

Be interesting to see who gets the decisions in Cardiff, when England and Ireland visit.

How do you mean?

Yes, I can’t think of a another game where the referee has such a massive influence.

And the more professional the game becomes and the more that money gets pumped in,the less people will accept some criminal decisions.

Daft as it sounds, they could end up with two refs on the pitch (or something else as drastic) because what’s happening now just isn’t good enough - far too many massive mistakes.

Touch judges should be doing more and allowed to be more involved...... and I reckon if the ref is having a bad game it is happening to both sides but, we (as one eyed supporters) only see our side being penalised.

At the end of 2018 SA would have beaten England if the ref hadn't decided that the Owen Farrell "no arms involved" tackle was ok. But, that is rugby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom