The Akebono saga rolls on....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Hello again

Some of you are already bored to tears with me mentioning brake pads that are not even available in the UK..but it would appear a few of you are humoring me.

So here are the facts. In these photos you will see Akebono Ceramic brake pads mated to new OEM Brembo front discs (at the same time) on my S203 2006 C55 AMG......11948 miles ago. (Eleven thousand nine hundred and forty eight)

As some of you know my C55 is the ONLY car I own and it is my daily drive and lives outside, it currently has 142220 mile on the clock, but I digress.

The wheels have been cleaned from time to time in in the last (almost) 12K miles but the only reason the wheels are off is for a wheel re furb and new front tyres.

If I get this bit right the first photo will show the disc/pads as I found them after wheel removal.

The second photo should show where I have rubbed the inner hub of the disc with my finger.

And the 3rd photo should be of the disc after a 2 second spray with brake cleaner and a quick rub with a rag. Then a photo of the uncleaned edge of the disc.

The last 12K miles have been a 66 mile commute 40%motorway, 30% Dual C, and the rest has been town, stop/start...no track days..yet.:rolleyes:

I can not fault how theses pads work and how quiet they are, If you are still awake have a look at my previous posts on this subject if you need more info. P.S I do not work for Akebono :p.

You will note almost no pad wear.

Attachments

• untouched.JPG
    untouched.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 38
  • finger wipe.JPG
    finger wipe.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Brake cleaner.JPG
    Brake cleaner.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 38
  • Edge.JPG
    Edge.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Another UK offering..

Pads

Absolute joy to see more and more low dust pads .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom