The AMG GT - as good as the reviews? Would you buy one, seeking opinions from owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do love the calipers on the ceramics against the full black colour scheme, but you definitely do not want to replace at £14k!

In terms of servicing, that is also interesting - I am just looking at arranging the first service on mine, and a year six A service on SL63 is estimated at £430 by MB Gatwick. I am just trying to weigh up whether to maintain the franchise service or go down the indie route - probably to PCS from here.......

Weirdly before I got the car I priced the next service and the website was saying about £430 but for some reason now it’s jumped to £900 odd :dk:

Weirdly before I got the car I priced the next service and the website was saying about £430 but for some reason now it’s jumped to £900 odd :dk:
That will be based upon timing, additional items are now due which weren’t due when you priced it up before.

If it’s a three year service then it will be automatic transmission fluid and spark olug changes I would imagine.

Do love the calipers on the ceramics against the full black colour scheme, but you definitely do not want to replace at £14k!
14k, just for calipers!? :eek: Agreed that they look cool but thats mental. I guess the aftermarket for them is tiny although I thought Brembo were a big player, do they sell into the aftermarket does anyone know?

14k, just for calipers!? :eek: Agreed that they look cool but thats mental. I guess the aftermarket for them is tiny although I thought Brembo were a big player, do they sell into the aftermarket does anyone kno?
The big bill will be for replacement rotors and pads, rather than calipers. They don’t wear quickly - especially for road use - but they’re blooming expensive when they do need doing.

I wouldn’t expected quite that much, ie £14k, who but I would have expected it to cost more than most owners are prepared to pay!

Oh yes, rotors not calipers, silly me. Does anybody have an idea on the costs of pads and rotors?

I had not really considered replacing a caliper, that would be pretty unlucky on a car less than 10yo I would have thought but it would be scary bill.

@Firthy if you put the reg of the car into the mercedes service quote and click on repairs it’ll give you the cost of the replacement discs and pads. That’s where I got the £14k figure from, think the steel brakes were about £4k in comparison from memory.

Hi all, new member here. Looking to buy an AMG gt s. Looking at 2015/16 cars with obviously as lower mileage,(probably end up around 35k ish) as I can find and needs to have. A full mb history. The prices I am seeing are around £64-68k. I’ve seen and read people talking about cars at sub £60k but nothing I am seeing near that? Advice or opinions or leads appreciated. Cheers

Hi all, new member here. Looking to buy an AMG gt s. Looking at 2015/16 cars with obviously as lower mileage,(probably end up around 35k ish) as I can find and needs to have. A full mb history. The prices I am seeing are around £64-68k. I’ve seen and read people talking about cars at sub £60k but nothing I am seeing near that? Advice or opinions or leads appreciated. Cheers
Like most cars the GT has really picked up in value over the last 12 months. There were some sub-£60k early GT models a year or so ago, but not at the moment.

Prices will soften again, but I don’t believe the GT will fall through the floor for some time - if at all - so as long as you expect some depreciation then you should be OK.

The launch of the new SL could impact GT values in either direction. The SL will be amazing but I actually think it will probably (but not definitely) be good for GT values.

Struggling to find an AMG GT is one of life’s better challenges, so enjoy it 👍🏻

High Peak Autos has just reviewed the GTS he has had for a few months now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems a balanced review; it's not all rosy.....

I was looking to buy a GTS back in late summer 2020, seemed to be possible to pick up one without astronomic mileage for £60k back then but times have moved on.
Lots of differences in spec, decide what matters to you, it’s a lot of money to spend on a car that’s missing something you really wanted. Dynamics engine mounts comes with stiffer suspension, the standard one is a little softer (less firm?). Make sure it has proper tyres on it, doesn’t take much of a throttle prod to kick the back end out, you’ll need all the traction you can get
Took me 8-9 months to find the right car, and ended up paying £66k when I’d hoped to get one for £60k - but not seen one since for less than £75k I’d have bought in preference so guess I just got there in time. Suspect (and hope) that it’s going to be a long time before good ones go below £50k, the new SL is a different sort of car and I doubt owners will want to let them go cheaply, the market isn’t that flooded with them. And then they will start to go up again slowly IMHO

High Peak Autos has just reviewed the GTS he has had for a few months now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems a balanced review; it's not all rosy.....
Sounded really rosy to me!

I was looking to buy a GTS back in late summer 2020, seemed to be possible to pick up one without astronomic mileage for £60k back then but times have moved on.
Lots of differences in spec, decide what matters to you, it’s a lot of money to spend on a car that’s missing something you really wanted. Dynamics engine mounts comes with stiffer suspension, the standard one is a little softer (less firm?). Make sure it has proper tyres on it, doesn’t take much of a throttle prod to kick the back end out, you’ll need all the traction you can get
Took me 8-9 months to find the right car, and ended up paying £66k when I’d hoped to get one for £60k - but not seen one since for less than £75k I’d have bought in preference so guess I just got there in time. Suspect (and hope) that it’s going to be a long time before good ones go below £50k, the new SL is a different sort of car and I doubt owners will want to let them go cheaply, the market isn’t that flooded with them. And then they will start to go up again slowly IMHO
Cheers. I have found one that I have my eye on. 35k on a 15 plate. £65k. It’s a GT S premium. Full mb history, just serviced. I need to check it’s had any recalls it should have done. I’ll check on those front covers in the front spoiler whether they have been fitted. They should have been presumably as it’s a full bm history. What are the absolutely correct factory tyres so I can check on that too.

Cheers. I have found one that I have my eye on. 35k on a 15 plate. £65k. It’s a GT S premium. Full mb history, just serviced. I need to check it’s had any recalls it should have done. I’ll check on those front covers in the front spoiler whether they have been fitted. They should have been presumably as it’s a full bm history. What are the absolutely correct factory tyres so I can check on that too.
If it hasn’t had the recalls then they can be done under your ownership. Tyres supplied from the factory could be one of several brands, if they are MO spec then they’ll be fine. If it has Pilot Sport 4 S then Christmas came early.

If you are considering the one Grant has in then make the trip down. Grant and James are gents to deal with and the car will be excellent and as described. I bought my GT-R from them about 4 weeks ago and haven't stopped smiling since.

If you are considering the one Grant has in then make the trip down. Grant and James are gents to deal with and the car will be excellent and as described. I bought my GT-R from them about 4 weeks ago and haven't stopped smiling since.
Hi, Are Grant and James the owners of G Kirby Collection ltd?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom