The answer to why premiums are soaring...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe we should all have a Roadhawk in our cars to video everything like this which shows a rear end shunt which at first glance looks legit....

Maybe we should all have a Roadhawk in our cars to video everything like this which shows a rear end shunt which at first glance looks legit....

Blimey, it's taking a bit a chance allowing a large truck to hit you up the backside!

I've seen the comments that it was a set-up, but arguably the truck driver should have been able to stop anyway - it's not as if the car cut in front of hom and took away his braking space.

I support the above, I work in software and part of what we do is assist in fraud.
There is a circle going on at the moment, insurance is high (£1000+) and so people are not getting insurance. This results in a higher level of uninsured claims, which cost as the money is very hard / impossible to recover.
There has been a massive increase in organised activities which develop million in funds for the criminals in a very short period of time.
On top of this, getting borrowed money to cover both the insurance (monthly) payments, as well as payout before money is recovered is now costing a lot more.

That said ... the costs are still too high. One bit thats stung me...

Old car is a Nissan Skyline, I pay £1300 pa, I have now just bought a MB and looking at ~£1000 to insure that, however my 6NCB only applies to 1 car. So I have to pay another £280 on my £1300 for the skyline, just to leave it on the drive.
So for 2 cars I am currently paying £1300+£280 +£1000 with 6yrs NCB.
Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom