The anticipation of waiting for carpet fitters!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I'm sorry. But what else can I do? I'm surrounded by furniture stacked up, waiting for (potentially) a cowboy to fit carpet for all of upstairs. I CANNOT stand the waiting for the (potential) arrival and the excuses for why the job cannot be done....

1. They ain't give me no gripper mate
2. Your boards are not close enuff
3. I noticed a Merc on the drive and will try and get more cash from 'im

Please Please Please just do a good job, no quibble on price etc etc AND GO

Thanks, that feels better now..ish

Your house is too big.
Your tea/coffee sucks
Your teacake made me feel ill

These are also other typical suggestions

Your house is too big.
Your tea/coffee sucks
Your teacake made me feel ill

These are also other typical suggestions

mmm, some truth in that. I made a coffee for a bricky once. He didn't like it because it was REAL coffee :crazy:

seriously though, we bought a brand new flat in leicester.. the wooden floor fitters delayed the fitting by a week because they didnt have the correct glue!!

seriously though, we bought a brand new flat in leicester.. the wooden floor fitters delayed the fitting by a week because they didnt have the correct glue!!

Pritt stick would have done well :D

I even offered to go and get it from B&Q but no, they had only assigned the morning to the job and they couldnt wait around... never use Carpet Right again..

I had that with a fitter once. He said, they'll ave to rearrange the fittin mate. I said why not? No glue mate. How much is it? £3.50. Errrr, right, so decision is, rearrange or part with £3.50? :rolleyes:

I even offered to go and get it from B&Q but no, they had only assigned the morning to the job and they couldnt wait around... never use Carpet Right again..

:D Carpet right are currently in my house :eek: Wish me luck :crazy:

:bannana::bannana:I do not have any fitted carpets and my house stays clean:bannana::bannana:

This is a FIRST....Malcolm without a quick answer....:D :D

SO? Have they nailed through your hot water pipes and staple gunned your mains electric cable yet?

SO? Have they nailed through your hot water pipes and staple gunned your mains electric cable yet?

When you put a nail through a copper pipe, just clean the surface, tap a small thread and screw in a brass screw and solder over the head, a screw from an electric switch is perfect 3mm

all done in 10 mins

yes well where were you when i was twelve years old and desperately trying to hide the fact that i had ruined our brand new house after attempting to silence the creaky upstairs floorboards???

parents werent happy at the sight of a mushy downstairs celing lying on the brand new carpet.

yes well where were you when i was twelve years old and desperately trying to hide the fact that i had ruined our brand new house after attempting to silence the creaky upstairs floorboards???

parents werent happy at the sight of a mushy downstairs celing lying on the brand new carpet.

If the floor boards creak as the pipes warm up,, just put in screws along side the nails and it will be a whole lot better

im a carpet fitter of 21 years and never cancelled a job because had no glue/no gripper .no excuses just satified customers:)

good luck with carpet right and i hope they do a good job ,god you got money paying their fitting prices

yes trust me it was a quick learning curve..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom