The Apprentice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Anyone see this last night?

How long did it take them to finish doing that 1st taxi?! 3 hours or something for a cr@p job aswell and multiple people working on it.

both teams were pretty useless.... they should have gone and washed passer's by cars/supermarket cars all day long instead of haggling over the taxi/hummer contracts imo.

i'm not at all surprised that dealer didnt want them touching those classic cars. i'm surprised they allowed them to clean those ferrarris - i can see the sponge falling on the dirty/gritty floor and then getting wiped over the bodywork many times !!

Still not sure if Sir Alan made the right decision though.

All that yellow fluff on the seats...Muppets the lot of them:eek:
I wonder who does the recruiting of these so called stars of the future, if that is the best that the country can up with then I am truly worried:crazy:

Anyone see this last night?

i'm not at all surprised that dealer didnt want them touching those classic cars. i'm surprised they allowed them to clean those ferrarris - i can see the sponge falling on the dirty/gritty floor and then getting wiped over the bodywork many times !!

Still not sure if Sir Alan made the right decision though.

My sentiments exactly, I'm sure I know that classic dealer next to the Dubious Hotel by Lords Cricket Ground. I wouldn't have let them touch my car never mind those classics, bet they dropped the sponges, that poor paintwork!

It was shocking, but rather amusing. I still don't know why it took them so long. Local teams at supermarkets can knock out a car in less than 10 minutes.

I also don't know why the guys doing the shoeshine didn't continue - seemed to me they had very low costs, with large upside. Guy at Liverpool St makes a fortune. But its an early morning trade - starting at 10am isn't so good.

Great programme.

It was the right decision but not for the reasons Sir Alan gave. that girl was just plain miserable..........

I would have also gotten rid of the brunette Debra, and the mouthy Heather Mills look a like with the crooked mouth....Oh and the project manager Mona or was it Moana...

In fact no-one has really impressed me much at all .....

Totally agree. I find him arrogant, ill informed obnoxious and rude.
And those are his good points.

Elaborate? I agree with arrogant and he can be abrasive....but ill informed???? about what???

the thing is i watch it every year... and every year its like watching a load of thick muppets..

They are all so mediocre, i think they must be picked like that on purpose to make it entertaining.

I wouldnt employ any one of those idiots.. all big headed know it all good for nothings IMO..

they need a good range of people.... most will be average/idiotic because otherwise who wants to watch a program where they go out as cleaners and wash cars, make loads of money and do it really well?

Alan Suger was being interviewed yesterday and reckoned that this year there was a better mix of business-minded people and 'entertainment' value people! :crazy:

And hands-up who saw that bearded guy and thought KING TUT! :bannana:

Thing is with the apprentice, is the one that wins is never worth £100k a year. If they were, they would be paid that level of salary by a regular employer.

Some of the characters annoy the hell out of me, but like Jay, I have to watch it every year.

Elaborate? I agree with arrogant and he can be abrasive....but ill informed???? about what???

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe he has made a few bad choices in the past. People he has chosen to to go on have sometimes turned out to be right numpties and some he has passed over have turned out to have a fair level of business acumen.

He is nothing more than a lucky barrow boy that found a nice little niche flogging overpriced PC's back in the day when nobody knew any better.
He made a damn good killing and good luck to the guy, but dont set yourself up as a know-all God of business and upper management.

I have to watch it every year.

The programme is contrived for this purpose.

The rest is a setup. The producers need muppets so they filter the applications very carefully for muppets.

But it's worth remembering what we see is very heavily edited - they have to 'tell the story' in their own time. So the viewer is deliberately misled about relative progress on any task. You're not given an overview. And the footage will be decluttered by stripping out the bits that complicate the story for that episode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom