The Apprentice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do....can't believe that the candidates are the cream of British talent and I just love watching them make a mess of the tasks!

Love the program, and look forward to each series!

Always amazes me how so many of the candidates have good qualifications and buisness experience but NO comon sense at all.
Some of Alan Sugar's one-liners have me laughing for days.:D

Always amazes me how so many of the candidates have good qualifications and buisness experience

Either you're being sarcastic or mistaken.

The type of people who apply and get selected are chosen for their personality and their flaws. And each successive series scoops lower into the barrel.

The Dragon's Den uses a similar cynical approach.

That doesn't make them less entertaining but the audience should be cynical enough to appreciate them for what they actually are.

They all look like Estate Agents to me.......Or very reminiscent of Clarkson when driving the New M3 in the M3, C63 and RS4 shoot out......you remember the one with the C**kometer in it.

If these people really had the get up and go they say they do, they have got up and gone.......

It's big brother in a different guise.

Either you're being sarcastic or mistaken.

I wasn't been sarcastic and I'm not mistaken. And you quoted only part of my sentence ...

"Always amazes me how so many of the candidates have good qualifications and buisness experience but NO comon sense at all.

;)

I wasn't been sarcastic and I'm not mistaken. And you quoted only part of my sentence ...

My selective quotation was quite deliberate and specific

Do you really think these people have "good qualifications and buisness experience"?

My selective quotation was quite deliberate and specific

Do you really think these people have "good qualifications and buisness experience"?

er no.

if they did they would not be on this programme. Its entertaining but only because it is daft and they are so thick. I still have not worked out what the prize is - to be sir Alan's apprentice. Whats that about then - trainee rent collector? He does not actually run a business any more - just has a bunch of property rented out.

I cant stand the people on the program or the way Alan Sugar is made to appear.
All annoy me intensely to the point of anger.
I really don't see where the entertainment value lies.............
The IDEA of the program is fine. I just wish it was done properly and with more suitable candidates. There must be plenty out there who would love to be given the chance. And I am sure Sugar is only like that for the cameras. Uncompromising and tough he may be, but rude and arrogant I am sure he is not.
Each to their own I suppose........
Just as well we are all different.

Last edited:
Yes, hence my sentence.

Well within context your use of the word 'good' is not the same as mine.

Typically the younger ones have *no* real business experience. The older ones may have but there isn't much sign. The qualifications are a mixed bag rather than 'good'.

The ones who tend to come to the fore are sales people. That's not well rounded business experience. But it's where the show focuses it's supposedly relevant tasks.

Well within context your use of the word 'good' is not the same as mine.

Typically the younger ones have *no* real business experience. The older ones may have but there isn't much sign. The qualifications are a mixed bag rather than 'good'.

The ones who tend to come to the fore are sales people. That's not well rounded business experience. But it's where the show focuses it's supposedly relevant tasks.

Thats because mr s is still a barrow boy car aerial sales guy at heart.

I cant stand the people on the program or the way Alan Sugar is made to appear.

Quite enjoy the show, especially the earlier series. However they could do better than Alan Sugar. Richard Branson or some of the Dragon's would be a better fit.

What I especially hate is the part of the show where they go back to the boardroom. We get the footage of Canary Wharf, the boardroom and waiting area with no windows, and then the scene when the fired candidate leaves the 'office'.

Amstrad's Office is in Brentwood but they try to make out they're at Canary Wharf. They often use Viglen's offices in Wembley for the final stage interviews.

Quite enjoy the show, especially the earlier series. However they could do better than Alan Sugar. Richard Branson or some of the Dragon's would be a better fit.

Branson had a show a few years back: 'The Rebel Billionaire'. Not that dissimilar to The Apprentice. If you don't remember it, or even know about it, then you figure how successful it wasn't.

I watch it, purely for entertainment purposes. That's what it is, it's not as if it's some accredited business recruitment process.

Much the same that Top Gear is good entertainment, you don't watch it for the most scientific, factual and serious reviews of every new car model.

I was never a fan of Sugar, and never held him in the same regard as some of the more successful businessmen (eg Richard Branson). But he does make for entertaining viewing, and you have to admire his way with words on occasion.

Who cares who he is or how he got to wherever he is today, he's still a success and I admire him for that.

I find the program much more tolerable than the likes of Big Brother/Pop Idol etc :wallbash:

Will

A bunch of horrible ambitious misanthropes stepping on each other's heads to make a sale...

That's entertainment...:crazy:

And we are surprised by the current economic situation.

I've only watched it once ;)

Ade

A bunch of horrible ambitious misanthropes stepping on each other's heads to make a sale...

That's entertainment...:crazy:

And we are surprised by the current economic situation.

I've only watched it once ;)

Ade

:thumb:

I couldn't get round the fact they couldn't organise washing some cars.

The best act of stupidty on that show came last year (I was away for work and only had hotel TV for company) was when they were sent to France to sell luxury foods and cheeses at a country market. So what does the MBA type do, go to Macro and buy the cheapest stuff going :doh:

Over rated people with an over rated view of themselves. Cringe worthy TV

Well they're clearly doing something right. It's become very popular over the years, so much so that they've moved it from Channel 2 to BBC 1 for prime time viewing!

Each to their own and all that :)

To enjoy the program you've just got to relax. It's well planned - the whole idea of being frustrated by people doing an appalling job of their tasks is part of it's make up! ;)

There's plenty of programs that I can't stand as well - we're all different, good thing that there's so many channels to choose from these days.

One criticism that I do have is that they don't offer it in HD. Would be nice with much of the London landmarks/scenes etc :cool:

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom