The "ASBO" Family

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
I just saw a news item on the telly about a family (translate: pond life) that were such a public nuisance that they have been banned from their former home of the Wirral for 7 years, see linky.

BBC link ASBO Family

A big deal was made of the fact that the family have now been booted out of the area where they used to cause misery but it struck me that they have to move somewhere. :( Isn't this just a case of shifting a problem to someone elses' doorstep? :confused: :confused: I can imagine the relief of the community that they are leaving behind but imagine the horror of the poor people that get lumbered with this bunch of loosers. :( To my mind this ASBO solution doesn't seem much of a solution at all, I sure hope I am wrong though.

BTW if you see the following family in your area, be afraid, very afraid. Heh especially as two of them are meant to be locked up.

_40960943_asbofamily203.jpg

S.

They look like a friendly bunch :crazy:

The mother scares me the most :eek:

Stu

The best way to stop this sort of thing?

Some clever sod should make Burberry condoms :D

Always suprises me that an entire community of several hundred could be scared by 5 scumbags :mad:

peterchurch said:
Always suprises me that an entire community of several hundred could be scared by 5 scumbags :mad:

Probably a certain % couldn't be bothered to complain because they only just a few steps behind them...then there is the "I've had a go and got nowhere."..so I guess I'll live with it ...then the ones they can really pick on....sometimes we have to understand what its like to be vulnerable we all will be sooner or later....we need to do something about these people before mob rule ....I vote for a stable society with care and respect for each other this i know will not happen so these people need to be crushed :devil:not moved on to another place ... well prison would be good start take them out of civilised life, for life...i would happly pay a few extra coffers for that :)

Last edited:
mark.t said:
Probably a certain % couldn't be bothered to complain because they only just a few steps behind them...then there is the "I've had a go and got nowhere."..so I guess I'll live with it ...then the ones they can really pick on....sometimes we have to understand what its like to be vulnerable we all will be sooner or later....we need to do something about these people before mob rule ....I vote for a stable society with care and respect for each other this i know will not happen so these people need to be crushed :devil:not moved on to another place ... well prison would be good start take them out of civilised life, for life...i would happly pay a few extra coffers for that :)

Problem is that these scum treat HM Pleasure as just that :( You might be deterred by prison but the scum that cause the trouble seem too stupid to notice that prison is a punishment...

I remember the local burglar taking an accidental trip down some flights of stairs when I was a kid. It worked perfectly... for the locals that is :D
He was a bit uncomfortable though and he didn't seem so keen on supplementing his dole money after that either :bannana:

You know many years ago we sent our crims off to the other side of the world.....Hmmmm anyone know of a desserted island or perhapse we have candidates for the first moon settlement.
If thats not a goer.....adverts for a Burberry gathering and a large volume of saran gas?

Since you lot started sending us out to Australia (yes, I am a first fleet-er), we have implemented something called "tough immigration policy" to keep the undesirables out. ;-)

Didn't we return-to-sender a kiddy fiddler this week?

scotth_uk said:
...Didn't we return-to-sender a kiddy fiddler this week?
That got postponed while the authorities investigate the claim that he raped a teenage inmate whilst in prison :( So he stays in Aus. for the short-term.

S.

I don't really understand that one.

We had him for 10yrs, you lot have had him for 56yrs is it? Why is it now our problem?

Plodd, I don't get it either. Some weird law I bet. Must say it surprised me.

Just keep him locked up and keep *everyone* safe, Australia is fine by me.

STAY IN YOUR HOMES lol!

I despair about modern society I really do.

And I'm only 28!

Plodd said:
I don't really understand that one.

We had him for 10yrs, you lot have had him for 56yrs is it? Why is it now our problem?

I don't blame Australia, it is attempting to get rid of a very evil person. How ironic though that it is easy for them to deport someone they have classed as 'undesirable' yet we have these so called suspected terrorists that have actually entered our country illegally and we cannot deport them!!! I don't give two hoots what type of regime they have in there own country. They should simply be returned to it.

Regarding imprisonment in this country, I keep saying it, our government has made prisons a place of reform. They are not a place of punishment, it is the victim that gets punished by the offender. The offender has problems which civilised, law abiding citizens cannot understand. Politicians are the experts on how offenders should be looked after Grrrrrrrr switch off rant mode

John

peterchurch said:

When you're not allowed to protect yourself, that's what happens!

Families like that should be declared "outlaws" i.e lose the protection of the law. They'd soon change their tune then.

Last edited:
...I remember reading in the newspaper a long time ago about a journalist who asked a Russian Minister about their human rights record and the rights of prisoners. His response was that people who were guilty of committing crimes had NO rights as far as he was concerned. I say subcontract the prison service to the Russians and send them all to chop trees down in Siberia - or - better still - finish the trans siberian highway properly.
Regards
Les

DITTRICH said:
...I remember reading in the newspaper a long time ago about a journalist who asked a Russian Minister about their human rights record and the rights of prisoners. His response was that people who were guilty of committing crimes had NO rights as far as he was concerned. I say subcontract the prison service to the Russians and send them all to chop trees down in Siberia - or - better still - finish the trans siberian highway properly.
Regards
Les

I really feel sorry for anyone that is forced to live next door to these obnoxious people, they are the absolute pits. What a pity there is not an estate set aside for those people that are incapable of accepting certain standards. It is though unworkable?

I am also in favour of strict prison regimes, BUT we must accept that innocent people do get convicted. It only happens in very rare circumstances, but it does happen, so we must treat prisoners with a certain degree of respect.

John

glojo said:
I really feel sorry for anyone that is forced to live next door to these obnoxious people, they are the absolute pits. What a pity there is not an estate set aside for those people that are incapable of accepting certain standards. It is though unworkable?

I am also in favour of strict prison regimes, BUT we must accept that innocent people do get convicted. It only happens in very rare circumstances, but it does happen, so we must treat prisoners with a certain degree of respect.

John

There _were_ two actually :D

The Chingford Hall Estate and Priory Court :( then the council decided to rejuvenate the areas and moved all the scum out to other parts of waltham forest only to watch crime sore :(

But now all the work is complete and those that wanted them got nice spanking new houses :mad: I seem to recall at the time that hardly anyone on either estate bother paying council tax :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

peterchurch said:
The Chingford Hall Estate and Priory Court :( then the council decided to rejuvenate the areas and moved all the scum out to other parts of waltham forest only to watch crime sore :(
Don't you believe it, there is no such thing. Everyone reckons the dodgy estate down the road is where all the trouble-makers got moved to, there is both Langley and Kirkholt within a few miles of my house, both supposedly where the nasties end up but in fact no such place exists they are just regular estates of council-owned houses - the councils aren't that stupid but they *do* shunt people about and some estates *are* worse than others. I think the two estates I mentioned are pretty much the reason why my car insurance is about £500 more than it needs to be :(

Shude said:
there is both Langley and Kirkholt within a few miles of my house

Ahggggggggggggggg :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom