The Bath Store - and you think MB customer service is hopeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Metal baths are fine in summer.....cold in winter.

Agreed......unless a client is determined to have a steel bath, like a current client, we always recommend (and fit in our own projects) the very best quality ''plastic'' bath.

Mic

Steel looks better and it's only for the guest bathroom, so I'm not worried about it feeling cold.

Metal baths are fine in summer.....cold in winter.

Not too bad if you place the bath near the fire and fill with hot water. Well that's what my mum used to do and we were never cold. The bath does make an interesting feature afterwards when re-hung back on the nail in the wall afterwards (you can paint pictures etc on the underneath so they show then).:)

Make sure you get a galvanised one as they last forever.

..... it's only for the guest bathroom, so I'm not worried about it feeling cold.

Hospes nullus tam in amici hospitium diverti potest,
Quin ubi triduum continuum fuerit jam odiosus siet.

But with a cold **** I doubt you'll have the problem.......:D

Last edited:
Three days...

Perhaps I'll not connect up the hot tap in there.

I took it you meant Qui.

Depending on your budget, CP Hart have a good reputation at the cheap and cheerful end of the market and have a sale on at the moment; while Alternative Plans in Notting Hill have some very desirable sanitaryware (admittedly at a price).

Not too bad if you place the bath near the fire and fill with hot water. Well that's what my mum used to do and we were never cold. The bath does make an interesting feature afterwards when re-hung back on the nail in the wall afterwards (you can paint pictures etc on the underneath so they show then).:)

Make sure you get a galvanised one as they last forever.

Thought you'd have been out Up Helly Aa-ing tonight.

Enjoy a hot bath later after a night of pillaging.

:D

Premier Heating Supplies

Chertsey branch. When I used to install bathrooms for a living (some time ago now) I always bought through the Whytleafe branch of this firm. Always found them helpful. Small privately run firm that understands how to do business.

My recommendations (although it's been a while).

Bristan taps - good compromise in design and VFM (or Hudson Reed).
Laufen Pro ceramics - Design and Commercial Quality at sensible prices.
Bette baths - worth every penny.
Utopia Furniture - market leader - decent stuff don't bother with the solid surface worktops though.

Depending on your budget, CP Hart have a good reputation at the cheap and cheerful end of the market and have a sale on at the moment; while Alternative Plans in Notting Hill have some very desirable sanitaryware (admittedly at a price).

Sorry must disagree.
Only found them arrogant and slow.
Not helpful when mistakes are theirs

Thanks all for the recommendations both on and offline. I'm going to pop by Premier in Chertsey this morning on my way to Wisley (the garden needs doing too while I can't live in the house) and will pop round to Grahams tomorrow.

If MBclub was a business, it wouldn't be the Bath Store!

At which point I lose the will to live - I wish to order some stuff, but not from a company that really isn't interested, other than in telling me to follow a process that has nothing to do with helping me. I ask for the details of the chief executive, as I am sure he would be interested to hear how his operation is not delivering, and the customer services person says he won't be interested as he has set up this process of complaining to the franchise. I make the observation that a happy customer has to be more important than the process and get the priceless observation back.

"The process is more important than a happy customer."

I kid you not.

So off to find someone else. Anyone here in the bathroom supplies business?

Why not just order off their website?

You seem to have shot yourself in the foot.

Back to square one, innit.

Still at least you can whine about them on some internet forum.

You refunded Sean for his steering wheel yet?

Lectures from you are frankly laughable Nick - we know what you think of your customers.

Ordering from a website doesn't enable you to ask questions about particular products and various things in their catalogue are not listed online.

Steel looks better and it's only for the guest bathroom, so I'm not worried about it feeling cold.

cf:

Bath Store "The process is more important than a happy customer."

Charles Morgan "The look is more important than a happy guest"

:D

NEVER use The Bath Store......cheap and nasty one off bulk buying and it is unlikely that replacements will be available should you ever need them for whatever reason.

Mic

Second that; specifically their bathroom mirror cabinets are made of such thin steel that they warp badly until screwed to a wall. After that, the hinges start to bend!

Try your local branch of national plumbers merchants
Grahams (as mentioned above)
Plumbbase
Plumb Center
PTS

All should have access to Twyfords, Ideal, Bristan, etc, etc.

Bathroom Express have a usefull brochure for bath choice.

Wouldn't touch Bath Store after I had to put right one of their bathrooms installed by one of their recommended tradesmen!

On the subject of bathrooms, I need a new one and one converted into a wet room.

Can anyone recommend someone who will help design, and then supply and fit without a huge drama (and that includes the £'s !!). I'm in the northeast tip of Northants, just by the Cambs border.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom