The best color for r129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bogatyri

Car
Still save the $$
Hello peepz I will have my money save soon to buy the SL500 129. I not sure the best color to buy for value when I sale again. Which is best? I like the white but I think green or blue is better for $$$. I wonder which color people prefer? thank you.... Mx

Azurite blue,does it for me,oh and cream leather.

I have Obsidian black with mushroom/cream interior... It's really nice and quite a classic combo.

But silver with black interior is nice too. The more niche colourways are sometimes lovely but are a bit "love or hate" ... But buy what you like, not what someone else wants! You have to drive and own it...

I not sure the best color to buy for value when I sale again.

If you are only thinking about resale value then one of the conservative (safe) colours is probably the best bet. E.g. there was a beautiful SL60 for sale very recently which was a rare blue/green colour that I couldn't personally have lived with. I wouldn't want a white car myself either.

Most people will buy an R129 on condition & history and will have some flexibility on colour ... so safe options like silver/black/blue won't put anyone off IMHO.

I went for the black with cream leather, which imo is the best for a R129!

qXgvvch.jpg

DanMorgan said:
I went for the black with cream leather, which imo is the best for a R129!

I like the black grille too...

I think this Brabus 7.3 looks superb in Magma Red with the panoramic roof :rock:

sigpic45493_1.gif

We all like our own colours otherwise we wouldn't have bought them.....

Metallic Green is the only one for me lol

Green seems to be the most "marmite" colour of all for MBs. When I was in the trade not so long ago they were the hardest ones to shift, no matter how lovely they looked. Whereas green Jags flew off the shelf. It's a funny old world!

Actually - got to say that a bright red one always catches my eye when I see one out and about ...

Hmmm ... Yes, I'd quite like red with black interior. Gonna have to re paint mine.

Green seems to be the most "marmite" colour of all for MBs. When I was in the trade not so long ago they were the hardest ones to shift, no matter how lovely they looked. Whereas green Jags flew off the shelf. It's a funny old world!

Green (with a few exceptions e.g. BRG on British cars) has always had a reputation for being an undesirable colour. I think it's supposed to be "unlucky"?

Look on the bright side at least MB did colours in those days!

And how good they looked.

Azurite blue with pano roof Blue soft top also on my sl320
Wifes A4 Avant also in dark blue and they look great together

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom