the big badge on the front

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pingping

Car
mercedes w202
its crap ,why do mercedes insist on putting that monstrosity on well engineered cars :fail

They haven't done for about 20 years

The new E63 has one for kick off...

As does the SL, the CLK the SLK the C Class, A, B, CLA, CL, ML, GL and SLS... !?! All?

Last edited:
I don't think anyone would call the typical MB star big so I presume the larger badge on the grille...

Don't really think there's anything wrong with the "big" badge now, suited the SEC and R129 all that time ago. I do think it should have been used for roadsters/convertibles though rather than trying to put it on everything.

I actually rather like the big badges in the grills :) - my CL has one

I actually rather like the big badges in the grills :) - my CL has one

I think it works on my SL and the integral concealed bonnet release is such an elegant solution.

+1 ^

And of course on Merc trucks...
That which has not an upright Star has a grille Star....:rolleyes:

I quite like it.

Much prefer it to the bonnet ornament on some models.

It used to be restricted to their "sporting" models-- SL ,SLC, SEC with the wide front grilles. Was to extend in the late 90's to the SLK and the W209 CLK and CL and W203 based C class coupe models but still basically restricted to the open sports and coupes. Always popular with the customising guys on saloons it was to first to " infect" saloons officially with the introduction of the " sporty" AMG body kitted W204 C class thus finally losing its "sport und licht " origins and some would say credibility for good. Now the traditional grille and bonnet emblem as fast disappearing as we now all drive around in FAUX "sports" cars.:rolleyes:

The Vito and Viano have always had grille stars ...

The S203 is the only one of ours that has the 'gunsight' bonnet emblem :)

Oooh ... don't let M-B hear you referring to the Viano as a commercial! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom