The big bhp boys.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ricky16

Car
Mercedes c63 amg 2010
Know there's a few on here ( lee and developer) from what I can gather.
My question is this what's your end game with your cars I'm standard as we speak but constantly looking around for how I can make my car something like no other is there stuff you have done and thought I've not benefitted from that mod etc ?
Also when is the point that you start looking at bigger brakes.
Have you modified the exterior of your car or are they little sleepers.
Call me nosey lol but it intrigues me when do you stop ?

I always upgrade brakes before thinking about more horses.

I also like to keep the exterior as standard looking as possible to (a) reduce unwanted attention from plod and thieves and (b) give boy racers a surprise :D

The standard brakes are Brembo and really the only upgrade would be to go for ceramics.....but I can't see the benefit versus the cost unless you are using it on track.
I would say the best mods on mine were the quaife LSD and the KW DDC suspension which changed the whole handling of the car completely.
Obviously the Weistec blower has a small effect to.

Mine is completely stock externally apart from a carbon fibre diffuser.....no badges or anything to say it's anything but a stock C63.

Not really sure what the end game is really or when it will come.....I more just a continual experiment to see how far I can go lol.

Call me nosey lol but it intrigues me when do you stop ?

When you blow your engine :D then all you do is buy another and start again as you'll know where you went wrong last time.

If you're going to start modding you have to be prepared for problems and sometimes spending money for no gains, all in the name of experimentation

But push the envelope and you'll have a very unique car :thumb:

My next step is a remap after that as it stands is a carboni air filter system (I think it's called that ) but not sure on the gains etc but looks pretty awesome when u pop the bonnet. I've read about the LSD and a lot of people have said they see no real benefit to them unless on a track which I'll never do as I'm scared of stacking it. I'd love a charger but the prices I'm seeing I think the wife would divorce me (of which would cost me more ) so small discreet purchases are the way forward

knighterrant said:
I always upgrade brakes before thinking about more horses. I also like to keep the exterior as standard looking as possible to (a) reduce unwanted attention from plod and thieves and (b) give boy racers a surprise :D

As Lee says, the brakes on the C63 are adequate for the horsepower gains he has, so no need to touch them for a while anyway.

I spoke to Paul from Eurocharged about this, his take on it was that a Stage 1 supercharged C63 would be a useable everyday car, he said that going anywhere further than that usually causes problems, the further you go, the more you get.

I've just had my secondary cats gutted, had a Quaife LSD fitted and had a Eurocharged remap, I'm happy with that at the moment but I'm not sure for how long, when you have over 500 BHP on tap, you just want that little bit more, it must be that little devil inside me.

Don't like to be cheeky but what sort of price are you looking at for the cats and does it change that awesome sound. I like the idea of it all but I'm certain the bank manager isn't gonna be pleased

Mine's in a completely standard tune Ricky.

I just had the later buckets, cam adjusters and head bolts fitted.

Mine has remap, secondary cats gutted and its a pp. I have spoke to acid at MSL about a charger and to be honest I was shocked at the cost compared to other cars I have modded such as bmw's I've had chargers fitted to. Saying that the two bm's I had in the past, a 330 and a e39 m5 that had chargers on I put back to standard before selling and virtually got my money back selling the trick bits.

I'm ok with the performance of my c63 as it is at the moment. But I think if I went down the same route as lee and developer it would be purely to show off to the likes of your high end super car drivers and get compliments from petrol heads for going one better and spending that amount of money on a car that at the end of the day is a very capable car in the first place.

The only thing that's stopping me is that in my eyes on a 58 plate my car is to old to be throwing that amount of money at. And if I brought a newer lower mileage one I wouldn't have the money to spend on mods and super chargers.

I do take my hat off to lee and developer for what they have done to there cars though.

Ricky16 said:
Don't like to be cheeky but what sort of price are you looking at for the cats and does it change that awesome sound. I like the idea of it all but I'm certain the bank manager isn't gonna be pleased

My secondary cats were gutted by Niall from Originiall Fabrication near Edinburgh, he did the pipes on an exchange basis for around £250.

It makes a massive difference when you're on the throttle but sounds standard when you're just burbling around.

There's a 507 video on YouTube, search for 507 secondary cat delete, it's just a brutal noise.

Enjoy.

My end goal is to make a 55k setup that will constantly pull high numbers with no power drain. The end figure is not all important just driveability.
So all precautions on any week points have been addressed.
As for the exterior just the subtle splitters and the all important light weight wheels.

I do take my hat off to lee and developer for what they have done to there cars though.

Thanks, but I think you're thinking of Lee and JimmyG.

I'm the younger, slimmer, more handsome one :thumb:.

Agree with most on here about what's been said with regards to modding. I'd also agree that a Quaife LSD is a sensible first mod. It's not about being a lunatic but it really helps in putting the power down and also makes normal driving a lot easier, especially in damp conditions.

It's entirely up to the individual how far they go with things, though it does get addictive after a while. I started with the diff, then was asked to try a tuning box, mainly as a guinea pig to see what they were like. After that it started going a bit silly, with exhaust mods, initially a resonator removal, then Weistec downpipes and de-cat.

My next mod is a Weistec remap which involves sending the ECU over to the US, but it will help the car on the fuelling side as the downpipes have improved the turbo boost and the car doesn't seem to like it. :) As Jimmy says earlier it's a lot of trial and error, but hopefully this will be the last thing I do with it for a while at least. :) Unless I go for the bigger turbos.....

All depends where your limit is and budget.

The Weistec charger on the 6.3 is more of a bolt on mod than the 5.5 but comes with a lot more parts.

I found with the 5.5 Weistec charger, a lot of other stuff was needed. Specifically cooling!!

But I did go OTT on a 10 year old SL55 AMG I think.... but hey.....

My initial goal was to hit the 600bhp mark but then the ultimate goal was to transform a CLS 55 in to something as powerful as a Brabus Rocket and I've finally managed it after almost a year of issues etc :crazy:

With mixed parts and work carried out by EC UK initially and then going down the Weistec route with MSL Performance, the car has been morphed in to an absolute Monster as of last week Saturday when the final tune was carried out by Acid and Jerry :thumb:

Built Transmission is now the final modification, just as a precaution, and I will sit back and enjoy all the power on my trips to and from work on the Autobahn :cool:

Beware though as modifying cars is risky and can break your spirit in seconds but if you stick with it......the end product is well worth it :D

Yes agreed I was ready to burn the SL 4 times this year....

Give me a call :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom