The big getaway... for those not already stuck in it that is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spin_bowler

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLC, Tesla MY
For any of you in the North West London or SW Herts area be warned the M1 is shut going southbound and is causing chaos all over. It took me two hours to go from J22 M25 to Redbourn and back. You may as well stay in the office instead of sneaking out early like I did.

It was predicted to be rubbish and it is, pretty safe bet that one!

I know, the traffic's been a complete nightmare in general recently but today was a particular treat, it took me almost an hour and a half between Bristol and Bath! Normally 1/2hr at most, it's only about 10 miles...

I know just what you mean, I've already had eleven cars pass my house today and it's only 17.25hrs.:D :D

Ooooh was so awful - took me 45 mins to get home instead of the usual 30 and that included a stop at the local car wash :eek: :crazy: :D

There was no difference for me at all - left at 2.40 and home for 3.25 :D

Sypmathies to those caught up in the mass exodus. Safe journeys to all travelling over the holiday period.

Last edited:
Smug gits! I hate this rush hour lark. Come back shifts, all is forgiven. Never mind, I expect the next bright idea will be a congestion charge for Bristol- No doubt I'll be comfortably within its borders. D'oh!

I know just what you mean, I've already had eleven cars pass my house today and it's only 17.25hrs.:D :D

never seen a car pass a house.... i suppose that's where the phrase sh*t a brick comes from...:D

I walk to work,

but I finished yesterday :) so no traffic for me. Takes me 15 mins even when all the lights on red :) :)

just took a call from a less than liked relative who was bored

he's still stuck on the M25 (apparently its shut!)

2 hours !

LMHO!!:D - I know, I know, not funny...... actually its very funny:devil:

Couldn't happen to a .... (even wifey smirking - you'd have to know the merchant banker - no really, he is., works in the city an' all!)

Roads to the SW will be empty tomorrow (famous last words!)

I travelled from mansfield yesterday morning down to plymouth leaving at 3.30am then from plymouth upto gatwick airport.down to eastbourne up to tonbridge wells and then north back to mansfield broke down in the dartford tunnel at about 15.45 got towed out and repaired within 25 mins and carry on with my journey back home for 18.30.total of 750 miles i dont think that was bad going sorry if anyone was caught at the tunnel
i hasten to add it wasnt my own car that broke down.

supercharger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom