The BMW gets a bloody good clean.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
After covering over 1k miles during the Christmas period up and down our motorways the car was in need of a desperate clean. After it was damaged a few weeks back at a hand carwash it will never ever go to one again.

Thought I'd try some bits the wife bought me for crimbo, electric detailing brush, HD wax, demon shine snow foam that attaches to a hosepipe and a new front grill to go with my new front bumper and LED halo lights.

Good work, mine is horrendous too - I gave it a good winter pre-waxing in November and cheated by booking the car in for some warranty work whilst back in the UK. Car came back all clean and vacuumed.

Looks proper stealth with the 318 wheels!

Looks good Marty !:thumb:
Mine had the same treatment today ,not by me because I'm too lazy to do it!!:D

prob winters

good job amazing what a bit of spit and polish can do ;)

:D yeah it's looks rubbish with my winters on but they were about the same price for four 18" winter tyres as it was to replace them with a 17" steel wheel package.

When the weather warms up i'm going for 19" but can't decide on which wheel yet, either way they will be deep concave rears :cool:

Not the 7 series wheels.

The first ones look OK, but get original CSL wheels, they are surprisingly cheap from the main dealer.
I paid £1045 after some discount.

I love the style 313 on the E91 and the M3 wheel.

I had 19" BBS CH on my 335i and the graphite M3 wheel on Fionas 320d.

This was the M3 wheels on the 320d...

320drear.jpg

I can't find a pic of the CH's on my LeMans 335i, but this was them on the 320d...

bbs%20wheels%20-23.jpg

Have to say, the M3 wheels were great, felt light and very comfortable with PS2s fitted.

Just found a pic of the ACS Type III's as well, forgot I bought those, but needed a spacer and wasn't keen, hence I sold them....

typeIII%5b1%5d.jpg

But I do think the LeMans suits a grey wheel, especially if you have black grilles etc.

I really wish I had found some M3 wheels when I had the 335i, think they would have looked great.

My old 335i...

335%20blackout.jpg

Not the 7 series wheels.

The first ones look OK, but get original CSL wheels, they are surprisingly cheap from the main dealer.
I paid £1045 after some discount.

I love the style 313 on the E91 and the M3 wheel.

I had 19" BBS CH on my 335i and the graphite M3 wheel on Fionas 320d.

I like the 7 series wheel as you don't see any on e91's on the road with them, for me the 313 wheels are too open unless there's some mahoosive brakes behind them and I really like the BBS CH's but I think the rears need to be dished or concave to suit the rear end if that's makes sense, the ACS in the pic below and my steels just look a little lost in the rear arches.

Just found a pic of the ACS Type III's as well, forgot I bought those, but needed a spacer and wasn't keen, hence I sold them....

typeIII%5b1%5d.jpg

But I do think the LeMans suits a grey wheel, especially if you have black grilles etc.

The ACS look very similar to schnitzer and I agree with the darker wheel looks good on the le mans, after having the black steels on the car for a few weeks it does look rather stealthy with the black kidney grill and rear tints but i'm also a fan of silver for the clean look :) but now i'm going to have to add the new M3 style to the list ;)

Did your cars all cars have standard m sport suspension when running on 19's? and thanks for your input :thumb:

They are the Schnitzer's, Type III style in 18" I think they were.

Yeah standard M-Sport suspension.
The M3 wheels rubbed on the rear with the M3 tyres on, but there are one ratio oversized compared withe the regular 3 series size tyres.

This was it with the oversized tyres on.....
M3%20wheels.jpg

I found the 19" wheels ruined the car, so went back to 18's, so much nicer and handled so much better on our crappy roads.

But then I put 18s on my M3 as well, so I'm a bit weird, haha....
18_antracite.jpg

marty359 said:
:D of course, that's why they look the same.....AC Schnitzer :doh:
Marty go old school and fit some bbs deep dish they always look the business!;)

Last edited:
Or those...:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom