The boredom hit...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Alex225 , this is in no way helpful to the thread, but I just wanted to ask, your next purchase, could you please get a different table cloth, maybe one with less dots, thanks :)

Well for those that wondered, I don't have a massive amount of drying towels and microfibres. I tend to replace these as I need them although there's always a few spares just in case ;)

DBjmtbv.jpg

@Alex225 , this is in no way helpful to the thread, but I just wanted to ask, your next purchase, could you please get a different table cloth, maybe one with less dots, thanks :)

Not a fan of polka dots? hahaha

Must be a big cupboard to "tuck" that lot away.

I buy the microfibres from Costco - excellent value !

I envy that collection but then on the other hand I tend to use all of everything I buy rather then stock up with loads of different bits. Once I find a good product I tend to stick with that.

Snow foam is over priced for what it is so I just use a standard"ish one nothing special
Meguairs NXT shampoo is by far the best PH neutral wash I've used, yet to beat it,
I find the Meguairs mitts very good as well, 1 for top 1 for bottom, tried lambs wool etc didn't get on with them,
2 buckets and grits guards of any make they all seem to do a good job currently using a dodo and meg one
Auto finesse drying towls are good

now I sit here and think about it you can bore someone for hours about what you use to valet and how you do it so ill stop :D

Must be a big cupboard to "tuck" that lot away.

Well technically it's two cupboards with three shelves in each in the kitchen. All the products line up nicely and don't take up much room.

I buy the microfibres from Costco - excellent value !

Yeah the yellow microfibres I have are the remaining ones left from the last batch of Kirkland cloths from Costco.

I envy that collection but then on the other hand I tend to use all of everything I buy rather then stock up with loads of different bits. Once I find a good product I tend to stick with that.

To be fair it's what I should do. I often end up using the same products on repeat and stocking up on those, then forgetting about the other stuff I have.

Very nice hehe

Nicely stacked too. :)

My neighbour had a big rubber-type sideswip mark down the side of his silver Honda Civic. He’s a bachelor, retired, with the scruffiest house on the road, overgrown garden etc, but he did ask me how much I thought it would cost to have the car 'repainted'.

I suggested he first try to polish the mark out - there was little or no dent - and I did the first bit with SRP, which worked quite well, but metallic paint T-cut (ouch but necessary) cleared 'my' bit completely. So I left him to it.

Less than half an hour later, he returned my stuff, saying he found that too difficult, and he’d found an easier way, his pan scourer....

The car now has, instead of the black rubber sideswipe mark, a wide swathe of scratches, and ruined, dulled paintwork which looks much worse than the original damage.
Ouch! A mate of mine years ago used a green pot scourer to clean all the squashed in bugs on the front of his car, he then had to get it resprayed o_O

Ouch! A mate of mine years ago used a green pot scourer to clean all the squashed in bugs on the front of his car, he then had to get it resprayed o_O

Chap I worked with decided a kitchen scourer was the ideal tool to remove some bird cr*p on his Hyundai Coupe, turned up to the office with two dull patches on the bonnet.

My uncles ex wide did similar. Had her Focus parked under some scaffolding and ended up with rusty water marks all over the car. Took a scourer to that and ruined almost every panel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom