The boundaries of England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So where is the boundary between the civilised end and the Northern end of the country?

Tony.

I think it'll be very difficult to have a regional England as tens of thousands of people will actually live on a boundary line and there'll be no pleasing them regardless

So surely we just keep to 'England' then, nobody except politicians wants regional assemblies any way, been proven over and again.

So surely we just keep to 'England' then, nobody except politicians, Cornwall and the North-East wants regional assemblies any way, been proven over and again.

Fixed that for you Balge. :D

Fixed that for you Balge. :D

Regional assembly (England) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The impact of the review was that the regional assemblies in their current form and function would not continue and that the regional development agencies were given executive responsibility for developing the single regional strategy

BBC NEWS | Politics | North East votes 'no' to assembly

People in the North East have voted "no" in a referendum on whether to set up an elected regional assembly.

Or did you mean a different north-east?

The impact of the review was that the regional assemblies in their current form and function would not continue and that the regional development agencies were given executive responsibility for developing the single regional strategy

People in the North East have voted "no" in a referendum on whether to set up an elected regional assembly.

Well you're likely right, I'm only going by what I've seen on the telly.
I seldom venture south of the border on that side it's way too dangerous.

Well you're likely right, I'm only going by what I've seen on the telly.

The BBC (press in general) give a fair and balanced view of their own opinions...

Tut tut, we share our drink & women what more do you want?

Any re-organisation, local authority level upwards usually ends up costing the tax payer..................

I can recall that when the poll tax was introduced our local council decided it was necessary to build a £1m extension to their offices to house the extra bodies necessary to collect the poll tax over & above the bodies needed to collect the original rates:dk:

Now they want to merge with an adjoining local authority to save money - they put it out to a vote and the public voted against. They are drip feeding the merger in to the extent that they are now looking for new offices as the two existing office set-ups are inadequate for the combined structure:dk:

So, I can't see how "regional assemblies" will actually be better for the population - just another reason to spend our money

He meant NE Cornwall. :D

So where is the boundary between the civilised end and the Northern end of the country?

Tony.

Royal Tunbridge Wells

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom