The Brilliance That Is: Wonder Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just spent the afternoon cleaning every part of my car & my Dad's W210 and I thought I have a go with my recently purchased bottle of CarPlan's Wonder Wheels after AutoExpress always raving on about it.

1st up my car, my rear wheels have major laquer damage so I carefully avoided those areas, but on the rest of the wheels - wow! all the tiny specs of tar/grime, all the yellowing gone!

Also, my 5 year old OEM MB chrome valve caps were in a terrible state - virtually black so I had a go on them & they now look brand new :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Then onto my Dad's W210 with 15 inch Elegance alloys, these have always had strange black veins on them, now completely gone!

I would recommend Wonder Wheels to everyone :D

Wonder-Group_500.jpg

Last edited:
Think you may get people saying how terrible this product is, but I've used it for a while now without any problems or issues whatsoever. Always hose off with lots of clean water though.

I use it on both our cars and it works a treat. Buy it from Costco in packs of three with the little brushes (which are great for cleaning the vents / awkard interior parts)

As mentioned as long as you wash the wheels down well I see no problem? used it for years.

Yep forgot to add about the water. People reckon its terrible?

It worked wonders for me, as long as its not used every wash I cant see there being any problems...

i still use it when my wheels are really dirty, great stuff!

I use it on both our cars and it works a treat. Buy it from Costco in packs of three with the little brushes (which are great for cleaning the vents / awkard interior parts)

As mentioned as long as you wash the wheels down well I see no problem? used it for years.

+1

Got mine from CostCo too... but in a plastic container - like a small gallon container, but was metric, probably 2 litres. Very cheap from CostCo I seem to remember, much cheaper than Halfords.

Q.

I got something like 5 Litres from Costco a few years ago for £7.99. I rarely use it, in fact never used it on the Merc wheels. It is very powerful, spill some on your hand and enjoy the burning sensation! But if say you bought an older car and wanted to really clean it up including the insides of the wheels then this is the stuff for you...

Only on very dirty wheels, has lots of acid :eek:, lots and lots of water.

If anyone is nervous about the power of such cleaning stuff, just dilute it.

Can someone tell me why acid is worse than alkali in these products? Genuine question.

Just use parafin, 5 litres for £3 and it wont damage anything.

Just use parafin, 5 litres for £3 and it wont damage anything.

Where from? Can't seem to get any around my area, need it for mixing in the degreasing tank :wallbash:

I just go to my local old fashioned corner shop hardware store. He has a big tank out the back and will fill whatever container I bring him for very little money indeed.

Some petrol stations also have parafin Filling points (but I'm seeing less and less of them now).

I just go to my local old fashioned corner shop hardware store. He has a big tank out the back and will fill whatever container I bring him for very little money indeed.

Some petrol stations also have parafin Filling points (but I'm seeing less and less of them now).

This is the problem I have, all the stations that used to have now closed or been taken over and the pumps removed. I only need 20-30l every 6-9 months. :confused:

I use wonder wheels all the time but dilute it to about 30% solution then rinse off with pressure washer and it works fine. Only use full strength if wheels are very dirty and caked with brake dust

I used it on older cars but now use wheel wax (lots of different brands I've got a poor boys one at the moment). Clean the wheels really well, maybe use acid cleaner if they are really dirty but I use an old clay bar if there is really stubborn brake dust. Apply the wax and polish off then when you wash the car next time the dirt comes straight off with just normal shampoo. As the wheels are clean anyway quick reapplication of wax and you're good for another month or so until the next wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom