The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire - 26 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...with 34 MPG at one point!!
Wondered how you'd managed that in the E63, then saw the photo of the cars ;)

The R172 SLK55 can be astonishingly economical on a high-speed run. Best we've had from Angie's was a brim-to-brim 33.75mpg on a 390-mile run from north Oxfordshire via the tunnel & Bruges to Koln.

Other end of the spectrum then, I’m at the end of the A45/A14. Have to suffer the a45 railway bridge works traffic :confused:

My youngest is at school in Wellingborough and on a bad day it can back up well to the West!

Thanks for organising the meet, it was great to see all those shiny cars (and the ones in the Museum!)

Excellent venue, though maybe a bit windswept, but there was plenty to keep a petrolhead happy.....even a Jensen!

Had a dodgy KFC on the way home so haven't strayed far from the loo since, so apologies for the late post.

Got 35MPG averaged over the whole trip, not bad for an old shed....

It's Derby Week here, so when I got home, I was surprised to see the house hadn't been stolen. The Co-op corershop wasn't so lucky...

Last edited:
Thanks Andy for arranging this, hadnt been to Gaydon for a few years, they've changed a few bits around and the Jaguar exhibition was worth a visit too. Good to meet up with some new faces. I went to Coventry after to meet up with some 190 friends, they didn't get as many as expected due to the miserable weather first thing but of course it brightened up later in the afternoon! Stayed over Sunday and drove back Monday, was a nice break away.

Looking forward to the next weekend away :)

Thanks for organising the meet, it was great to see all those shiny cars (and the ones in the Museum!)

Excellent venue, though maybe a bit windswept, but there was plenty to keep a petrolhead happy.....even a Jensen!

Had a dodgy KFC on the way home so haven't strayed far from the loo since, so apologies for the late post.

Got 35MPG averaged over the whole trip, not bad for an old shed....

It's Derby Week here, so when I got home, I was surprised to see the house hadn't been stolen. The Co-op corershop wasn't so lucky...

Glad you had a good time , maybe Burger King next time. Next meeting will be further North so maybe a night away if you fancy it :thumb:

Thanks Andy for arranging this, hadnt been to Gaydon for a few years, they've changed a few bits around and the Jaguar exhibition was worth a visit too. Good to meet up with some new faces. I went to Coventry after to meet up with some 190 friends, they didn't get as many as expected due to the miserable weather first thing but of course it brightened up later in the afternoon! Stayed over Sunday and drove back Monday, was a nice break away.

Looking forward to the next weekend away :)

Is that going to be at Leeds ;)

6DA399F5-8563-4E40-9962-34B8BCA46147.jpeg

Not something you see everyday, a 1 of 35 507 saloon parked alongside a 1 of 2 Brabus 800 Wagon :) Pete please correct me if I got that wrong. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom