The country you've enjoyed driving in the most?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
For me, it's France. Beautifully surfaced roads on the whole and hardly any traffic (away from Paris). So far every trip has been enjoyable.

What's yours?

I suppose for me it has to have been the US, in 1980 when we drove from Illinois to the Grand Canyon.

I know for a fact the country I've enjoyed driving in the least is South Africa, specifically Gauteng province. Too scary.

France for me too.
Every day out of the cities is like Sunday mornings used to be in the UK BEFORE WE WON THE WORLD CUP !

Regards
John

Germany. Driving on the unrestricted Autobahns they seem to have a greater awareness of other drivers.

The most thrilling driving I've enjoyed is in Germany, but really my true love for driving remains France. Huge open country, roads in great condition and relatively empty except major truck routes.

Southern Ireland, at night, in a van.

No cars for miles around. Wheeee.

Spain.

The motorways in the North are spectacular, smooth surfaces, empty and more interesting than France with more hills and bends.
The South was a lot of fun in the 80s and 90s when the drink drive laws were, largely, unpoliced.

South Island New Zealand in a Maui van in 2000. Roads not the best but the scenery was stunning. Stopped in Kaikura at the time for a few days so I feel for the unfortunate residents. Considered buying a huge split level hillside house and 277 hectares there I liked it that much. Would have been £90k well spent.

For me it used to be France, but now I prefer Spain which has a greater number of superbly surfaced roads through spectacular scenery.

UK.

Anything other than highly regarded main motorways in Germany is atrocious.

New Zealand both the North and South Islands,it is like stepping back 40 years great driving great people.

Switzerland and Northern Italy because of breathtaking scenery. Austria is also beautiful only if you avoid main motorways which can be also said for England if you take B roads, some villages are like from postcards.

Alba.
Caledonia is good too, as is Scotland. The drive to Saxa Vord is a good one.

France and Germany for me. Travelling on a deserted stretch of Autobahn with the throttle on the stop of a Honda Blackbird gave me my own little 'Land Speed Record' of 175mph before I backed off (the bike was still accelerating).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom