The Curse of the Nottingham Tram Gates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Has struck the house of Satch.

These damn things were, according to an FOI request a couple of years ago, clocking over 5,000 mug...sorry motorists per month and raking in about £2.5m per annum for the Council.

From what I can tell the Council has not placed sufficient advance warning despite the Parking Adjudicator having found against it, although later rulings seem to be in their favour.

Most certainly at 11.30pm on the rainy streets of Nottingham looking for my hotel I did not notice until it was too late, my SatNav happily directing me through them!

Nottingham Tramgate, Goldsmith Street...again - FightBack Forums

OK only £30 if paid within 14 days you say but when I opened the letter would happily have seen the whole of Nottingham Council burnt at the stake.

That passed and now merely annoyed, but that is what these money grubbing Councils rely on.:(

(Rant over)

Has been going on for a while, some have been known to get away with it whilst others haven't.

There are similar bus lane cameras up around the city as well - on google maps street view one such area has pictures of a motorist turning into a bus, bicycle and wheelchair accessible taxi zone, I suppose you only really get to know about them when you get a fine through in the post most would take for granted that there might not be cameras monitoring the areas.

It all stinks. Parasitic, money grabbing turds.

Taking my daughter to a hospital appointment in London, I was diverted by the Police (road accident) up a side street. No mention made that this side street took me into, then out of, the "congestion charge zone".

Fined and appealed. Wasted some of my breath that I will want back on my death bed, trying to appeal to some obstinate git with zero sense of fair play. Dishonesty pays these days. Get a set of cloned plates or just remove your plates. If the Police can be bothered to stop you (in Kent they wont) just say somebody stole them.

Last edited:
It's the same near Birmingham New St station. You now need to turn left (filter lane and always queues!) at the junction just before it, but there's nothing until it's too late to tell you this - or that straight on is a bus/taxi/tooth fairy lane that you get fined for going down to the original car entrance to the station that most people know about. The council's attitude... "Meh! What you gonna do?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom