The Cute White Cat from the Gourmet Pearl Advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbhogalW126

Car
'98 W140 S320
Yesterday Mrs B decided that she would like a cat.

When we married she hated them and I liked them.

Now she likes them and wants one like the white fluffy cat in the Gourmet Pearl advert.

This is the Link:
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=41624

Please can anyone tell me what type of cat that is?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

KJ.

p.s. If there are any cat owners out there, what does it cost on average to "run" a cat for a year?

kbhogalW126 said:
If there are any cat owners out there, what does it cost on average to "run" a cat for a year?

Providing you dont spoil him/her, less than a fiver a week which would include both food and buiscuits etc. A warning here though, its very hard not to spoil them, especially if you get a kitten :D . Ours gets anything he wants inc tinned tuna - fish shop fish - beef - steak - cheese - ham - squirty cream - fresh cream - and on and on and on - oh, and also filtered water as he wont drink anything else, except full fat milk if he's pushed but, he's very slender and fit funnily enough, according to the vet the last time we took him.

So, in reality you are probably looking at anything between £20 & £30 a week :rolleyes:

Portzy.

White cats have a propensity to being deaf, especially if it has blue eyes, so be ready for that. A persian is a pedigree cat - they are not cheap to buy so are not cheap to maintain. You will need pet insurance. You'll need to consider keeping it as an indoor cat only - they can be stolen ;) Grooming them is an absolute must, or their fur matts and has to be shaved off.

Personally I hate adverts like this as they have the exact effect on so many people who go out and get a cute ball of fluff expecting it to turn out like in the adverts - not realising the hard work that has to go into keepng it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it - just please in investigate fully what it means to own a persion type cat before going ahead. Find the details of the Persion Breed club and speak to the club secretary(Google Persian Cat Club). Start here:

http://www.catteries.org.uk/Persian.html

They will be able to put you onto reputable breeders who breed for type and temperament anf most importnantly health. They will also be able to fully explain the pros and cons of owning and getting a Persian.

hth

Milk isn't really good for a cat. You can buy milk specifically for cats, but it's expensive. They can't digest cows' milk properly.

Ours eat two tins of catfood per day (Whiskas or Felix), and a bowl of biscuits each evening. Apart from that, it's vets bills (boosters, broken teeth etc). We don't insure them, because the treatments we need never seem to be covered, and the premiums are quite high.

Flea treatment, injections, rodent ulcers, cut feet etc all add up to maybe £3-£400 per year at the vets.

We've got three black cats (DSH, or 'mog'), and are looking for a chrome one to finish the set. Will accept brushed aluminium if anybody knows of one ;)

PJ

Would silver enamel be suitable? My black mog nearly ended up that colour a couple of weekends ago after getting a little too close to the tin of paint, silly sod.

Cats do not have to be white to get spoiled mine is black and is he spolit, he will only eat chicken legs slightly warm and fresh fish oh and anything he can find in the fields around the house. He sits on the wall at the front of the house so anyone passing can stroke him, he also goes for walks with all the dogs in the village. He has a habit of going mental about 09:00 in the morning running everywhere at 100mph. He used to belong to a neighbour then one day (as a kitten) he jumped on my shoulders when I was cleaning the wheels of the MB, scared the s+++ out of me, he then gradually moved in taking over the house that was about 8 years ago.

gary

We had a Bengal until recently. It went for one mad dash across the road too many.

To watch the cat in the field was amazing. It ran just like a cheetah and was blisteringly fast. It caught all sorts of things and even gave chase to a fox when the fox nicked the rabbit it had caught! The only animal that gave it grief was a badger!

Irt was also one the most amazing looking cats i've ever seen. Its spots made it look just like a cheetah too.

Cant recommend Bengals highly enough.

kbhogalW126 said:
Yesterday Mrs B decided that she would like a cat.

When we married she hated them and I liked them.

Now she likes them and wants one like the white fluffy cat in the Gourmet Pearl advert.

This is the Link:
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=41624

Please can anyone tell me what type of cat that is?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

KJ.

p.s. If there are any cat owners out there, what does it cost on average to "run" a cat for a year?

kbhogalW126 said:
On my budget one tin per day about 35p is 128 pounds plus vets bills say, 40 pound first year. Somehow though we seem to spend far more than that as it is Mrs. Bonzo who does the buying.
On top of that there are biscuits and other delicacies such as fish which Mrs Bonzo specially cooks for them. Then we have baskets, cat flaps, toys and blankets. when we go on holiday we have to pay somebody to come in and feed them. So with three cats I reckon it cost far more than a Mercedes to run. They don't even eat the birds and mice they catch.

It's an Exotic short-hair - that's a cross between a Short-hair and Persian, similer to our boy, Cloud.
DSC00104.jpg

View attachment 5952
Lauren the patient Dobermann evicted once again by Buster, an aggressive Blue Persian.
Both long gone, I kept Lauren, wife no1 took cat.
Ghastly animal! Like all cats, destructive, treacherous, hairballs everywhere and required professional grooming, o/wise, as Pammy says, shaving.
Strolled around imperiously - loathing was mutual.
...mmm, now was that cat or wife no1?....
(Lauren gave me uncritical and undying love for 14 years:D )

Last edited:
We're looking around too - George departed last August (he hung on until we came back from holiday, said "Hi" and collapsed in a heap - he died the next day after £450 overnight stay at the vet).

Originally thought we wouldn't bother - moving house and such meant that it wouldn't have been fair on one and we assumed that we'd get used to not having one (having had one from when we were first married). However, I can't get used to not having one around (especially when everyone has gone to bed) so am looking around. Thinking about Burmese or British Blue - saw a pair of kittens at the weekend but £750 for the pair was too steep for Mrs E.

Our first (Wonko.....as in Wonko the Sane) ruled the neighbourhood but ventured out onto the main road one time too many. George and Barley (George Smiley and Barley Blair) divided the house up between them...Barley had to get permission to come into the lounge and sit in front of the fire on a winter's evening...

Mum and Dad have a pure white cat , with green eyes , he isn't deaf and isn't particularly friendly :crazy:

It will only eat tiger prawns , and cat tuna ..... :crazy:

He's a big tom and at the last visit to the vet he weighed in at 7 kilos :eek:

I'd be wary about a cat with such long hair. Even as a house cat never allowed outside, it would require a great deal of looking after.

Like Alfie, I'm a great fan of Bengals. Not cheap but my what a breed. Not only a beautiful animal but absolutely full of character - a character very unlike normal cats. I strongly suggest you do a little research on them, perhaps even visit a breeder before choosing a cat if your after something a little special.

My cat Merlin LLandar came from here

Here's Merlin.

Merlin2a.jpg

Merlin1.jpg

Nice cat sp!ke.

I'd loved a nice Blue eyed spotted snow bengal. Rare and pricey though.

When we bought Simba (brown spotted) about 7 years ago he was £400 then! they certainly have a unique look about them.

I think you'd be looking at over £1200 for a really nice snow spotted Bengal with show qualities.

Theres some HERE actually, available now.....

We're got a tortoise-shell that we got from the cat protection league with half her tail missing called Flo (but I call her Hotpoint as she's about as smart as the dishwasher).
She totally un pampered getting fed on dry food (and whatever else she catches), and drinks water wherever she can get it (toilet, bidet, old bucket in garden) but still loves to fall asleep on my lap in front of the fire (the Mrs even gets more wine for me as she says I'm not allowed to disturb the cat).

Nick

Sp!ke said:
I think you'd be looking at over £1200 for a really nice snow spotted Bengal with show qualities.

Theres some HERE actually, available now.....

Choke.............

Think I'll leave it for now...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom