The dangers of coffee on the go.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I heard this story on the radio yesterday morning. My recollection was that it was tea rather than coffee (although the distinction is not really relevant to the story) and that part of his defence was that the drink was between his legs because he had not realised that the E-class Mercedes he was driving didn't have a cup holder - which again is entirely irrelevant to the issue of why he was driving at 130mph:confused:

A cyclist in Edinburgh posted a video of a driver overtaking him with a bowl of cornflakes & milk in his hands. The guy with the coffee is just an amateur.

Russ

"Driver speeding at 130mph with hot drink between legs fined £1,000"

So he was going like a scalded cat ?

Lucky he didn't spill a drop or it would have scalded his brains!

And I know the road well - its definitely not the best road to do 130mph on! Lots of long corners and long dips and hills just east before you reach the airport. Oh, and lots of hidden lay-bys too where unmarked cars sometimes wait for their next prey.

But the most foolish thing of all....the tea was from McDonalds :doh:

A cyclist in Edinburgh posted a video of a driver overtaking him with a bowl of cornflakes & milk in his hands. The guy with the coffee is just an amateur.

Russ

If he had stayed with him at the next lights he got a full english (scottish?) out of the glove compartment :rolleyes:

I daresay it may have come to the attention of the local constabulary by now and you can see the numberplate SW08 SZY

Don't worry about it. We established that cyclists don't have to obey road traffic laws in another thread recently ;)

I wonder if the cyclist with the video shouldn't consider their behaviour as as well.

If the camera is any indication of what he/she was paying attention to then it doesn't look like it was the traffic lights when the other cyclist and the car moved off.

Don't worry about it. We established that cyclists don't have to obey road traffic laws in another thread recently ;)

At what point was a Law passed to say that any road user, including cyclists, has to pull away as soon as a light turns green.
He was off after about 2 seconds.

At what point was a Law passed to say that any road user, including cyclists, has to pull away as soon as a light turns green.
He was off after about 2 seconds.

That wasn't the point.

What I was inferring from the camera was that the cyclist probably never looked at the lights but moved off in response to the other traffic moving having directed their attention towards the driver in the car.

Now call me a cynical old git.

But it's a bit rich when somebody concerned with pointing out somebody else's poor standards allows that very activity to make their own standards lapse as a result! :doh: and double :doh:.

That wasn't the point.

What I was inferring from the camera was that the cyclist probably never looked at the lights but moved off in response to the other traffic moving having directed their attention towards the driver in the car.

Now call me a cynical old git.

But it's a bit rich when somebody concerned with pointing out somebody else's poor standards allows that very activity to make their own standards lapse as a result! :doh: and double :doh:.

You really tried hard there to find something to Bitch about.

You really tried hard there to find something to Bitch about.

I'd classify my post as an observation.

Yours on the other hand ..... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom