The days of water streaks, drying cars, etc.. might be over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GMW

Car
ML63 AMG PP
WOW Indeed !

Find it hard to believe but if true then the applications for this product are mind boggling

I'll be one of the first to buy it!

There is a similar coating out now that is used on glass but it needs rain to activate it and it's no good for smudges like hand prints

This was discussed recently...but not sure if the actual product is on sale. It works and the innovation in this case would be that they have made it into a spray.

As far as I'm aware, it's not currently available for retail sale

As far as I'm aware, it's not currently available for retail sale

You can register on the website and they will tell you when the first consumer product is out. I am interested in how long it lasts as if its like rain-x and only lasts a couple of weeks then I am not that interested. However if it lasts months then I am in.

So they say they sprayed an iphone, put it in a bukcet of water and it still worked 30 minutes later. Even if all the solid parts of the phone were coated with the spray were waterproof water would still get in through any gaps, ports etc.

You can dry your car with a hose if you have a decent inline filter which zeros the ppm of the water, should evaporate leaving no marks.

Iphones have tags inside them which change colour when they come into contact with moisture, I'd like to see them after being put in a bowl of water. It would be one way to void your warranty if you wanted!

Shoes are impressive though.

To follow on from adam's post, the only way that water will not streak is if the sediment or certain salts are removed from the water when you wash your car. If you used distilled water there would be no streaks when it evaporated.

To follow on from adam's post, the only way that water will not streak is if the sediment or certain salts are removed from the water when you wash your car. If you used distilled water there would be no streaks when it evaporated.

You use de-ionised water that's been filter through a Reverse Osmosis system that takes the TSS down to 0 to 5 ppm

They thought PCB's Polychlorinated biphenyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia were God's gift when they came out too. Any compound that's impervious to natural processes of degradation and interaction with water should be regarded with caution- after all we are mainly composed of water and one of the bodies chief means of getting rid of foreign materials is to make them soluble in some shape or form. So if the choice is between getting a little damp and ending up with some chemical in permanent residence in your liver I know which one I would choose.:dk:

^ Anyone remember Scotchguard?

Similar product, got banned in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom