The Diamond Jubilee Concert - Buckingham Palace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
SWMBO applied for tickets for the Diamond Jubilee Concert a while back

Received a phone call yesterday asking why she had not replied to their invitation for 2 tickets.

Checked the "junk mail" folder & there is the invitation.

Immediate reply followed & we have now also selected our picnic lunch hamper:bannana::bannana::bannana:

Just deciding whether to give the Queen a call tomorrow to see if she wants to sort a knighthood for me at the same time:rolleyes:

Anyone else been lucky?

Unfortunately we will be on our holiday, so had to decline. Please pass on my best regards to Liz:thumb:

Why anybody would support the parasites we call monarchy is well beyond me for this farce and the one they call the Olympics I will be out of the country thousands of miles away, thank god :bannana:

Why anybody would support the parasites we call monarchy is well beyond me for this farce and the one they call the Olympics I will be out of the country thousands of miles away, thank god :bannana:

Hmmm - agree with you about the olympics, but not with you on the monarchy

If it was really that bad, surely you'd emigrate?

If it was really that bad, surely you'd emigrate?

As I am in a Global role with my current employer I have the option of living anywhere in the world I choose, unfortunately with a daughter at University and SWMBO in a very good job the timing is not right, as otherwise I cannot think of one single reason why I would choose to base myself in the UK. If I were single I would have departed years ago but it's family first with me :thumb:

Couldn't agree more although the extra day off is welcome :)

Why anybody would support the parasites we call monarchy is well beyond me

A bit like Churchill's democracy - the alternatives are so much worse - read a presedential prime minister.

for this farce and the one they call the Olympics I will be out of the country thousands of miles away, thank god :bannana:

Will the BBC cover F1 in full after they are done with the Olympics? The though of being force fed the Olympics leaves me cold - what a summer....(Sorry Hugh)

SWMBO applied for tickets for the Diamond Jubilee Concert a while back

Received a phone call yesterday asking why she had not replied to their invitation for 2 tickets.

Checked the "junk mail" folder & there is the invitation.

Immediate reply followed & we have now also selected our picnic lunch hamper:bannana::bannana::bannana:

Just deciding whether to give the Queen a call tomorrow to see if she wants to sort a knighthood for me at the same time:rolleyes:

Anyone else been lucky?

If you really are lucky you'll be spared a repeat of the Golden Jubilee celebrations when the organisers decided to demonstrate just how "down with the kids" they were by hiring poodle-headed has-been Brian May to stand on the roof of Buckingham Palace in a f*ck awful jacket playing God Save The Queen on an electric guitar.

Truly one of the most cringe-worthy moments of the decade.

If you really are lucky you'll be spared a repeat of the Golden Jubilee celebrations when the organisers decided to demonstrate just how "down with the kids" they were by hiring poodle-headed has-been Brian May to stand on the roof of Buckingham Palace in a f*ck awful jacket playing God Save The Queen on an electric guitar.

Isn't Lydon doing something for this Jubillee?....Ah, of course, he's buttering the scones.

If you were standing behind May while he was up there, would you be tempted to push him off the roof?

Go on, admit it, you would.

This thread is going way off, the whole world stinks but lucky for us we live in one of the better ones, the monarchy along with our music film fashion industry bring in plenty.

The people of this country are given better hope chance security living than most but if you have made a few bob and you want to leave the door is open but stop fecking threatening and get on with it.

The Olympics will be the funniest ever and will probably be cool and the jubilee will bring the world in also.

For all the above negativity, I'm looking forward to going - but then I don't get out much:D

As I am in a Global role with my current employer I have the option of living anywhere in the world I choose, unfortunately with a daughter at University and SWMBO in a very good job the timing is not right, as otherwise I cannot think of one single reason why I would choose to base myself in the UK. If I were single I would have departed years ago but it's family first with me :thumb:

Sounds like bluster to me. Didn't Paul Daniels say something similar about emigrating around 15 years ago, yet he's still here, too...

If you really wanted to go, you'd have gone by now. A good lawyer can find well-paid employment anywhere, and I've never known having a child in university to represent a particular tie for anyone. :confused:

The Independent had a nice article on the 36p/hour sweatshops the athletes' kit is made in

Don't worry about the kiddies making the reeboks in Bangladesh, they love doing that work. Thats where the phrase "Like a kid in a sweatshop" comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom