the difference is the map?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carsnstuff

Car
bubble car
firstly hi im new:)

im looking at getting either an 07 clk220 cdi (c209) or an 07 E220 cdi (w211)

from my research i have consistently found the mpg on the E220 gets better fuel economy at around 41mpg?

clk 150bhp - e220 170bhp

is the power and fuel economy comming from different mapping?? cause its the same engine right

cheers to anyone that can shed any light

I would guess it’s purely down to the size of the cars. The E is bigger so they’ve given it more power to cope. I’m no expert though.

Thanks for the welcome :)

It's the economy I'm after... I know it might not seem much difference between the 2 cars but the view to getting either of theses is replacing my old pug 307 that gets me 48mpg on my 4hr commute to work

Yes the E is bigger than the clk that's why it's a head scratcher... Why is the fuel economy less in the smaller car?!
Are there physical differences between the engines??? Or Is it just the maps that a different and I can re map a clk to get E class economy?!

Either should be economical, the difference between them negligible, so go for the one you like better.

There's quite a difference in the way they drive. Having owned both (though not with that engine) the CLK feels more sporty and is more nimble in corners etc, while the E is a quieter, more luxurious affair and rewards a gentler driving style.

Both can be remapped. Speak to a reliable remapper (eg Celtic Tuning) for an idea of what you could expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom