The Doughball Run - Charity event for Macmillan Cancer Support, 24th June - 27th June 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Some of you may remember me on this forum from a few years back.

Well, as some of you know, after defecting to BMW, I'm back having bought an 18 year old W203 C320!

Why????

... well, from 24th to 27th June, two teams from my company will be completing something called “The Doughball Run’ (I work for a famous restaurant brand - you know the Pizza company with the marble tables, blue glasses and those awesome doughballs) to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.

This entails driving over 2,000 miles from our head office in Uxbridge to Lands’ End and onto John O’Groats and then back to Uxbridge. Sounds easy right? No, think again, we are doing this as a Top Gear style challenge where both cars must cost less than £500 each (see that's where the new to me C320 came in)...

In return for sponsorship, we've branded our cars with supplier logos and will also be delivering some of our delicious pizza to some of our awesome sponsors as we cross the length & breadth of the UK.

Amazingly, all of our sponsor positions for our unique pizza delivery service sold out very quickly. In fact, we've secured over £11,500 for Macmillan so far. I had originally set a target of £10,000 but since raised it to £15,000!

More information on the event is here: www.doughballrun.com, please note that this event is not promoted or endorsed by MBClub.co.uk

Anyway, we're due to set off for Land's End on Sunday evening for an early start travelling north on Monday 24th. It will be awesome to see if any follow forum members see either of our cars between Sunday 23rd & Thursday 27th June 2019 as we work our way around the UK :)

We would appreciate a follow on our Instagram & Twitter accounts @doughballrun - this is also an easy way to see how we get on, as I'm sure many of you will be intrigued to know if both cars (the other one is a 2002 Jaguar S Type) manage to make it back to Uxbridge & how much we ended up raising for Macmillan.

Hope it goes well, would have been nice to have spotted the cars, but I'm in the east so unless you want to add a few more miles to your trip I probably won't see them. Have fun anyways.

We are actually headed East on the way back to Uxbridge on Thursday. One of our sponsors is in Essex :)

We officially set off on Sunday evening, and left Lands' End this morning.

The cars at Lands' End:

We've made good progress today...

Oops, I thought I did a better job keeping this thread up to date!

If you followed us on Twitter or Instagram you'll know that we made it back safely with both cars and no incidents and raised just over £13k for Macmillan.

If you read Mercedes Enthusiast magazine we're also featured in the current (September 2019) edition, page 58 if you missed it :)

That's great, well done , thanks for letting us know

That's great, well done , thanks for letting us know

Cheers, I was pleased that we ended up with a 4 page spread, looks great in print!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom