The dreaded four letter word.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
....rust :eek: :eek:

While I was painting doors inside - darling hubby was washing Edna outside - bless :D

Anyways - he shouts up - "is she still under warrnaty?" I replied "yes of course - why?", "You might want to come and look" was his response.

So off I trotted and sure enough there are what seems to be four or five little spots coming through from under the paint out.

Couldn't spend much time looking due to paint and wax and stuff going off - but it looks like a trip down the road for me this week :( :(

Not heard of this on the SLK before - has anyone else?

Rear wheel arches and nearside front arch :( Need to have some decent light to have a really good look round - with Camera!

Must say a big respect to hubby for spotting them as they are really tiny atm :rock:

Same postition as on my brothers CLK, thankfully his was sorted out no problem.

Good luck with your stealers!!!

I am hopeful as she is is still such a baby and they know Edna well and how I look after her. They never quibbled over the wheels so finger's crossed.

Watch this space as they say ;) :D

So Gutted for you Pammy, Totally SHOCKED that any car the age of yours should have this let alone your babe of an MB!

Pammy
Sorry to hear of the **** on your car, at least you're not alone.

Here is a list of MB models that suffer from corrosion:

A,C,E,S,CL,SL,SLK,ML,CLK.

Yup you guessed it, the SLK is in there, actually they all are. ;)

Have a paint thickness test performed on the body and report back. 60+ microns is never going to provide proper protection on any car.

You should be covered Ok as you have MB service history.

When the affected arches have been blasted ask for them to have stone chip protection added, it will help in the future.

eek! :eek: Thought you were going to say DENT ... but I guess rust is probably worse news, thinking about it !

Hope u get it sorted ... I'm sure there will be no quibbles with the warranty cover.

S.

Oh dear.
Very sorry to hear about this.

A 3 year old car (probably less than 3 years) with rust! Not on really.

I do hope it is all sorted out to your satisfaction.

:eek:

I have read your other posts complimenting your local dealer and hopefully they will sort out the problem.

It is really unacceptable though for a vehicle so well looked after to suffer from rust particularly one so new?

Good luck,
John

Thanks for all the support guys. Edna is only 2 1/2 years old so rust is the last thing I expected to see.

The fact I had diamondbrite done by them can only help the case too even though that protects from the outside ;) goes to show I look after my baby!

I will report back and if I can I'll be down there tomorrow!

pammy said:
Edna is only 2 1/2 years old so rust is the last thing I expected to see.

Ahh, exactly the same time as my first claim, now I'm on claim number
..err..err..run out of fingers. :eek: :eek:

Don't worry Pammy, no-one else can see the rust yet you just think they can. ;)

I'm working on reverse psychology...if I own an unbelievably rust-prone car (Alfa 75 V6), then it will attract the tin worms, and the C250 should survive ok :D

Yeah, right, like that's gonna work!

:eek: Nooo! Nightmare Pammy, sadly know the feeling. I can't believe that you'd have any problems getting MB to authorise repair work. Really shouldn't be necessary :rolleyes:

At GTGs, we won't be admiring the cars, we'll be pointing out each other's rusty bits :D

Sorry to hear about the rust.... :mad:

Harrogate lot are supposed to be decent so I'm sure they will do their utmost to support your claim... :)

So sorry to hear of your metal problem. I do hope that it gets sorted properly. Come to think of it, isnt now the right time to get something on the undercoat :D :devil:

Very sorry to hear that it has happened to you. I now dread every time i go and clean the car, although in this weather i do get them hand washed.

AGGHHHH !!

Sorry to hear about the, you know, thingy, whatsaname.

Good luck, just going outside with a microscope to check mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom