The Dreaded Speed Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
This is a picture of English Speed Cameras.:devil::devil:

Attachments

• England Speed Cameras.jpg
    England Speed Cameras.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 129
London is covered by a red cloud

This is a journey I did yesterday.

Ashbourne to Macclesfield.

13 Cameras in EACH Direction. :devil: Licence Territory? :devil:

There are probably worse examples but this got up my nose coming home. 5 through Leek alone at 30mph.

The route used to be Out of limits , except through towns etc, but now it is down to 40 and 50mph sections.:doh:

Attachments

• Speed Cameras Ash - Macc.jpg
    Speed Cameras Ash - Macc.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 120
London Cameras.

Attachments

• London Cameras.jpg
    London Cameras.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 115
This is a picture of English Speed Cameras.
When Garmin introduced their first sat-nav's with a proximity alert feature (i.e. speedcam warning) they had a number of complaints from UK users regarding slow screen refresh. The problem was eventually identified as being caused by the volume of speedcam POI's that people loaded onto their sat-nav units. The developers in the USA were quite incredulous at first and doubted that the UK had at least an order of magnitude more speedcams than they had anticipated :eek:

The problem was fixed in a later firmware version, but it shows just how distorted the UK is compared to other countries when it comes to deploying speedcams. Just to emphasise the point, I use a Europe-wide speedcam database and the number of camera sites now runs at circa 20,000. Around 8,000 of those are in the UK :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom